Xbox share button not working / showing up

Discus and support Xbox share button not working / showing up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I bought the volt Xbox controller recently and the share button is unresponsive when I press it it doesn’t do anything or respond when I do the test... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephen Mathai, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Xbox share button not working / showing up

Hi I bought the volt Xbox controller recently and the share button is unresponsive when I press it it doesn’t do anything or respond when I do the test thing or new profile on Xbox accessories there isn’t even an option for the share button so can’t remap either. I am in windows 10 by the way

:)

Stephen Mathai, Jan 27, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Stephen, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

The Share Button currently only works in Windows 11.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Share button not working

I understand, is the control using the latest firmware version? If not try to update following the instructions in the article above.
  4. DouglasNewton1 Win User

Share button not working

Warranty expired. Button doesn't work on anything.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Share button not working

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you read the article below for possible solutions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- Could you tell when this problem happens, or the button never worked, the control is new, is it still under warranty?

*Thank you in advance for contacting.
  6. Khalid Q Win User

New xbox series s controller xbox/home button not working (X in the middle)

Hey thanks for responding, I hope you are having a good day as well. When I pressed the share button and saw the popup message of hold xbox button to see a screenshot and I did but nothing showed up, thats how I found out it wasn't working. When I hold it to try to reset it, nothing happens, but when I press it to turn the xbox it works fine, so I am not sure if it's not syncing properly or what exactly. the controller works fine I played games and it works, but the xbox button is the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox share button not working / showing up - Similar Threads - share button working

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  5. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  6. Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller share button not working on PC.: I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i...
  7. Share button not working any more on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button not working any more on PC: Good morning everyone, I have an issue with 2 xbox wireless controllers on PC: the share button does no longer work when connected via Bluetooth, but only when plugged in USB. What can I do...
  8. xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working: the share button on the xbox controller works when connected via cable but not when connected via bluetooth. my software is up to date, I have done everything including pairing again but my...
  9. Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console: When i long-press Share button, it start registering the screen, unlike on Xbox Console where if you long-press it it saves a clip. How can i change this? I tried through Xbox Accessories App but...
  10. Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC: I just got my xbox series x controller. It hasn't any problem but share button doesn't work. I'm using on PC. What should i do? 28481e45-b3ae-4dbf-a4be-aca10aa29445