Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

Discus and support Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, TheWolverine109! So I would try to follow the troubleshooting steps here on our site... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HarryJS, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

XBF Esteban R, Sep 25, 2018
  2. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Harry,

I'm sorry it's been such a hassle to get this going.

In almost all cases we've encountered with this issue, the Windows Firewall has been turned off by internet security software and can require an update to the security software to address this issue.

You can check the state of the Windows Firewall with the following command
    [run from an admin command prompt]:

Code:
    (N[b]etsh advfirewall show currentprofile)[/b]
    In the output, you want the state to be
    ON. If it's off, you can re-enable the firewall with the following command, but if it was shut off by security software it may be disabled again the next time your PC restarts:

Code:
    ([b]netsh advfirewall set currentprofile state on)[/b]

Hope this helps a bit more

XBF Leslie D, Sep 25, 2018
  3. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    Sorry Leslie, this doesn't help me either. Thank you for working hard to find a fix for me though, I really appreciate the work you're doing. Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

HarryJS, Sep 25, 2018
  4. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest

Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

It seems to be the only fix is by resetting 'IP Helper' located in 'Services'.

HarryJS, Sep 25, 2018
  5. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Harry

When you restart the ip helper do you also restart xbox live networking service?

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Sep 25, 2018
  6. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Harry

I merged these you had 2 exact same threads open so merged to one.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Sep 25, 2018
  7. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    No I only restart 'IP Helper'. Thanks for responding Brad!

HarryJS, Sep 26, 2018
  8. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hi Harry!

How are you doing today?

I've been doing research in regards to this Server Connectivity being blocked for you.

Now by any chance are you using an antivirus program other than Windows Defender?

If so you may want to ensure that the settings are properly configured. Some antivirus programs will block applications for security reasons. So you would want to check the app settings of your firewall program to make sure it's not blocking the Xbox App
    on your PC.

Hope this helps

Best wishes,

-L

XBF Leslie D, Sep 26, 2018
  9. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    Hi Leslie,

I'm good today thank you! Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

Regarding the antivirus program, I am not using any other antivirus software.

Thanks Leslie for replying and trying to help me.

HarryJS, Sep 27, 2018
  10. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Harry !

Now, going over our replies from this thread. In regards to Brad's question earlier in the thread;
    "When you restart the
    'IP Helper'do you also restart Xbox live networking service?"

By any chance after the question did you attempt to restart the
    'IP Helper' and the Xbox Live Networking service ? If not, that would be something I would recommend to try that step out.

Best wishes,

-L

XBF Leslie D, Sep 27, 2018
  11. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    Ok I will try this tomorrow and come back with some results. Thanks LeslieXbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

HarryJS, Sep 27, 2018
  12. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    Sorry Leslie this wasn't a fix either.

HarryJS, Sep 28, 2018
  13. LeoKünzel
    LeoKünzel Guest

In my xbxo app it says that my serverconnection to xbox live is blocked. There is an link with tips how to solve it but i tried it all and Nothing really worked.

Can you guys help me with that?

LeoKünzel, Sep 28, 2018
  14. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Leo,

Thanks for bringing this issue up to us and rest assured we will be more than glad to help. First things first bud we are going to need a little more information on the issue for example. What device is the Xbox app being used on? Is there
    an error code?

XBF Nestor S, Sep 28, 2018
  15. LeoKünzel
    LeoKünzel Guest
    Im using my Pc with Windows 10 and there is no error Code.

Xbox App Server Connectivity on Windows 10 Is Blocked

this is the site where i get sent to. I tried all steps and Nothing worked.

I restarted my PC and then for like 2 minutes the Connection was enabled but then it was blocked again.

LeoKünzel, Sep 28, 2018
Thema: