Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

Discus and support Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After recently installing the Xbox App on Windows 10, I had the issue of Teredo being disabled. I have fixed this issue but I was still left with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HarryJS, Sep 24, 2018.

1. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest

Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

After recently installing the Xbox App on Windows 10, I had the issue of Teredo being disabled. I have fixed this issue but I was still left with the issue of the 'Server Connectivity' being blocked. I found a fix for it on a forum after many hours of
    searching which was to restart 'IP Helper' in the services setting on Windows. This works but only for a few minutes, when the server connectivity then changes to 'Blocked' again. I have done all of the methods listed on the Xbox support section. Any responses
    would be appreciated Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

:)

HarryJS, Sep 24, 2018
  2. VipeNess2
    VipeNess2 Guest
    VipeNess2, Sep 24, 2018
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    April Update Available for everyone, but missing two features

If someone is having trouble connecting to a party for some random reason, the party chat will automatically switch over to a dedicated server so that everyone can connect without issue.

bloosuga, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

Xbox App server connectivity Bloked

him not able to enter in any party tchat i have been trying your list of repair on microsoft website but nothing of that work or all the info giving are already ok on my Pc.

can i get more help so i can use the xbox app with other person and speek in a party tchat!

TheWolverine109, Sep 7, 2018
  5. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    Recently I found a temporary fix for the server connectivity 'blocked' issue, which was to restart 'IP Helper'. However I have found this only works for a minute or two after joining a Xbox party before going back to 'Blocked'. I'm now looking for a permanent
    fix instead of having to leave the party every 2 minutes and restarting 'IP Helper'. Any help would be appreciated. Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

HarryJS, Sep 23, 2018
  6. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    Hey Harry!

I noticed you were having issues with your server connectivity being blocked on your Xbox App on Windows 10

Take a look at the steps listed in this support article
    Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Please let us know with a reply if these steps help

Thanks for reaching out and see you online!

XBF George L, Sep 23, 2018
  7. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    I have previously tried all of these methods but none of them worked or were relevant to me. The only thing I have found to work is restarting 'IP Helper' however that only works for a minute or two after joining an Xbox live party. Thanks for the response
    though George!

HarryJS, Sep 23, 2018
  8. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest

If it helps I'm able to talk in game chat to people but it's just party chat that's being tricky.

HarryJS, Sep 23, 2018
  9. Sounds like it might be a local network configuration issue that's blocking the connection. Are you on a local network where you have access to the router/modem and its security settings?

Can you provide some details on what you see in the Xbox App on Windows 10 under Settings > Network tab?

PalmettoBling, Sep 24, 2018
  10. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    XBF Leslie D, Sep 24, 2018
  11. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    These don't work for me. But thank you for the reply Leslie Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

HarryJS, Sep 24, 2018
  12. Hi Harry!

Sorry to hear that the steps provided above has not fixed the issue with blocked party chats. Have you tested your NAT type on your windows 10 PC? One thing that may affect party chats will be with the network settings to your network hardware.

Please try this:
    Check your NAT Type

Check your NAT type on the Network tab of the Settings screen in the Xbox app and find out how to troubleshoot it below.

To check your NAT type:

1. Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    2. Select Settings > Network.
    3. Under Network status, check the NAT type.
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

XBF Crystal P, Sep 24, 2018
  13. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest

My NAT type is open so I don't think the issue lies there. Thanks for the response Crystal Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat. :)

HarryJS, Sep 24, 2018
  14. XBF Jasmine Z, Sep 24, 2018
  15. HarryJS
    HarryJS Guest
    No sorry, none of these worked either. The issue is with my 'server connectivity' not Teredo but thank you for the response. As for the second option, I have tried that but it has the same effect as resetting the 'IP Helper', e.g. it just goes back to
    blocked after a few minutes.

HarryJS, Sep 24, 2018
Thema: