Xbox Series X won’t unfreeze

Discus and support Xbox Series X won’t unfreeze in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was loading into Minecraft when my Xbox Series X froze on a loading screen. I waited a few minutes to see if the issue would self-resolve but nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PresidentChewie2215, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X won’t unfreeze

I was loading into Minecraft when my Xbox Series X froze on a loading screen. I waited a few minutes to see if the issue would self-resolve but nothing happened. I’ve tried shutting my Xbox off, restarting it, and even unplugging it (for 10+ minutes) and nothing will work. Through my headset I can hear the Xbox working (normal sounds of going to the home screen, pressing icons, etc), and I was even able to hear Netflix when I happened to click on the application, yet my screen will not change from the Minecraft loading screen no matter what I do. My internet is having no issues and it my television is able to load all other apps and HDMI channels normally. What should I do now?

:)

PresidentChewie2215, Jun 30, 2023
  2. PresidentChewie2215 Win User

Thank you so much for your response Janet! This method initially just put froze my screen on a static lines screen, however after fully shutting off the Xbox for around 10 minutes it turned on normally again! Thank you again for your time and response, have a great day!
  3. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

Turn off the console and disconnect the power cord to make sure the console is completely off.

Plug it back in.

Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button at the same time, then press the power button on the console.

Continue pressing the Pair button and Eject button for 10 to 15 seconds.

You will hear two "power on" tones after a few seconds.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

This will take you to the troubleshooter, there you will need to reset the console, you can choose the option to keep games and applications.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  4. Janet_C Win User

Perfect, I'm glad I could help you, have a nice day.
  5. 4thWardATLPONYTAIL Win User

Game won't update

My Xbox X series just said update an I pressed update console but it won’t update
  6. RafałJuszczak Win User

Xbox Series X - No 120HZ option on any resolution.

I have same issue but with my Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz. Xbox series X won’t run at 120Hz 1080p. That must be problem with xbox series x because works perfect with Asus RX480 8GB (144Hz 1080p HDMI2.0). I am very dissapointed. 60hz is a joke.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X won’t unfreeze - Similar Threads - Series won’t unfreeze

2. Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile: Xbox Series X won't sign in/add profile I copied this problem from a 3 year old post that found no solutions, hopefully someone has the answer? I’ve tried restarting my Xbox, restarting my...
  3. My series x won’t stay on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x won’t stay on.: It will come on once after fighting with it then it shuts off and won’t come back on but it will make the power button noise any suggestions how do i fix it? 7d50128a-2007-4f27-bd8e-96d8d06bae40
  4. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  5. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  6. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  7. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  8. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  9. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  10. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...