Xbox series x won't stay connected via cat 6

Discus and support Xbox series x won't stay connected via cat 6 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every day I turn on my Xbox series X it can't connect online. The Xbox is hardwired via cat 6 along with another Xbox that NEVER has this issue. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by baddkar, Sep 4, 2022.

1. baddkar
    baddkar Guest

Every day I turn on my Xbox series X it can't connect online. The Xbox is hardwired via cat 6 along with another Xbox that NEVER has this issue.

The only way to get my Xbox back online is to reset the router and clear alternate wired Mac address. Everyday.

This is obviously not ideal as there are 4 other people that are using the internet Everyday when I need reset it. Plus this is just stupid that two wired Xboxes can't be connected to same router without problem.

P.s. the only other wired device on network is a printer.

:)

baddkar, Sep 4, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, try to perform a reset on the console and also verify that your modem/router has the updated firmware.

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > system > console > system

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note - You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello baddkar, this is really strange, category 6 cables have the same Ethernet standard as cables 5, 5e t and 8, the difference is in transfer capacity and frequency.

You've already tested another network cable or tried to change the port of your router modem to see if the same doesn't happen.

Note: some cables come with the Standard T568A on one end and T568B on the other, with this it would be a crossover cable and would be in charge of the equipment to make the inversion so that it can work.
  5. baddkar Win User

Yes, the first time this happened I grabbed spare cable and ran it directly to new port until that cable/port had issue. All of the cables are new and the router is also new Asus rtax88u.
  6. a55a33in Win User

Random Disconnects from Live

I've fixed my issue of frequent (5 times in 4 minutes) disconnects. I was using CAT 6 cable. For some reason the xbox manufactured Feb. 2010 would not stay connected until a used the cable that came with the xbox or another CAT 5 cable, while the xbox
    manufactured Sept. 2009 has no problem with the CAT 6 cable. After researching the issue, I found another person whose xbox was particular about the cable being used..
Thema:

1. Xbox series x won't stay connected via cat 6 - Similar Threads - series won't stay

2. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  3. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  4. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  5. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  6. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  7. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  8. Xbox series x won't stay on for more than 10 seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x won't stay on for more than 10 seconds: Is there any way I could fix this submitted by /u/knights4412 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected: I just got a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, and even when wired to my PC, it stops working in the middle of an Apex Legends game. The light is still on but there's not response from the...
  10. Why won't the series x stay connected to wifi??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the series x stay connected to wifi??: Everytime I turn The xbox on it is not connected to Wi-Fi.Then when I go to turn it says it cannot find any Wi-Fi around. So when I go to search for a Wi-Fi I can just hit any. Number. Or letter...