XBOX series X won't save my game settings

Discus and support XBOX series X won't save my game settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greeting. A few days ago I bought an XBOX series X bundled with Game pass and I noticed that in certain games the console does not save my settings... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CikaNiki, Apr 12, 2023.

1. CikaNiki
    CikaNiki Guest

:)

CikaNiki, Apr 12, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello CikaNiki, by default it saves the settings on the console, but they can vary from game to game.

Do you have the console hooked up to some sort of soundbar or sound device, and how high definition does this happen in every game?
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, yes we have seen some reports similar to HDMI Sec.
    As for the resolution you can try to reset the console keeping games and apps.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  4. CikaNiki Win User

Thanks for the reply Georges. If I understood correctly, it is normal that every time I start the game I have to set certain in game options again. I'm honestly not used to it considering I've been using consoles and games for the past 20 years. Usually, once I set in game options, they are remembered on every next launch. This is not the case now and this is the firs time I have encountered this. As for the resolution droping to 640x480, it happens when starting the console and the home screen is at that resolution. To fix this i had to do soft reset always when resolution stuck wich is very frustrating. Finally reading the comments of people who have the same problem i turned of HDMI CEC options on the console and on the TV and then it works without problems and the resolution it always at 4K on startup. Games in 4K and Dolby vision format look absolutely beautiful on LGC2 without color banding or other defects. And let me answer you about audio sistem. I have a Sony 5.1 1080P home theater connected to the TV via the eARC input and the only way to hear game audio through the speakers is to activate HDMI CEC(SIMPLINK on LGC2) on the TV only after the game has loaded. When i finish playing and turn off console before the next start i must first to turn off HDMI CEC on TV until the console start up and the game loads. If I don't do it exactly as I wrote, the resolution drops. For now is not a big problem because it can be solved by simply turning off HDMI CEC, but it's hard to accept that it has to be done in the age of modern technology and next gen devices.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

The Series X supports 1080P resolution in the settings same as Xbox One and One X. Games on Series X will still render in 4K, but will downscale to whatever display you have. There won't be any loss in quality at all.
  6. SStuarTeus Win User

Xbox one update/black screen of death

Sorry for the newb question: isn't saved game data backed up to the cloud or is that something I'd have done in settings?

Also, this won't erase my eternal drive too will it?
    Well, In my case all games for one and series S/X are safe automatically in cloud, the games for Xbox 360 and classic, I don’t know if they're safe in cloud too or only in drive.

All your information in drive will be erased, games, local saves(have a copy in cloud) and settings.
Thema:

1. XBOX series X won't save my game settings - Similar Threads - series won't save

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  6. My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s: It all started when I reseted my Xbox cause the party was being weird and after I reseted my youtube didn't work I didn't think much of it cause I was trying to connect to the Xbox network but...
  7. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  8. GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk)

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk): When I put in the first disk into my Xbox it asked for the second disk. I wasn't able to put both of the disks inside so I ejected it and put in the second disk. However when I did that it was not...
  9. Series X won't connect to online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't connect to online games.: My xbox is currently unable to connect to any online games. Each one prompts me with the games own "could not connect to online services." I have tried hard resetting, unplugging and waiting 5...
  10. Blu-Ray won't install on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray won't install on Series X: Previously had Blu-Ray Player on my Xbox Series X, and it worked fine, until today, when it suddenly decided it needed to be connected to Wi-Fi to work, no problem, connected it to Wi-Fi, then...