Xbox series x won’t do 120@1440p

Discus and support Xbox series x won’t do 120@1440p in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the KOORUI QHD Curved 27 Inch Monitor, Fast VA Computer Gaming Monitor(2560 * 1440P, R1800, 144Hz, 1ms, DCI-P3 85%, DP+HDMI, Game Mode, Eye... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tahar Derradji, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Xbox series x won’t do 120@1440p

I have the KOORUI QHD Curved 27 Inch Monitor, Fast VA Computer Gaming Monitor(2560 * 1440P, R1800, 144Hz, 1ms, DCI-P3 85%, DP+HDMI, Game Mode, Eye Protection, Rocker Button), Narrow Bezel on Three Sides and it only lets me do 120@1080p

:)

Tahar Derradji, Nov 23, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

From what I could find on the internet, this monitor has two HDMI ports, one of them (HDMI 1) is an older HDMI 1.4 port, while the second one (HDMI 2) is an HDMI 2.0 port. I can only suggest you reconnect the monitor to the second port and try again.

The fact that I had to go to a third party website just to find a manual for the R1800 doesn't inspire confidence in this display. The 'KOORUI' website wouldn't even open. Even if you connect to the HDMI 2.0 port, there is no guarantee this will allow 120Hz. Like most budget monitors, this display's main features will be locked into the Display Port which is for PC use.

It's quite likely you're going to be stuck in 1440P @60Hz.
  3. ngocphi Win User

My screen turn on black when i try to run a game on 120 FPS

What resolution are you trying to run at

If 4k 120 Hz then no it won't run at thaf

The max for series s is 1440p at 120hz

It will play at 4k bur only some games and with issues

The series s is meant for 1080p 120 max

With suggested 90hz

The xbox series x and ps5 and switch pro are the only 4k consoles

One x does 4k at 30hz and ps4 pro upscales
  4. Zzshock Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

I don’t think this is true. I plugged my series x into a gigabyte 1440p 165 hz monitor yesterday after my 4k Samsung qled backlight died. I think HDMI only supports up to 120hz (the monitor cable is required for 165 hz). Going through an HDMI switch, I cannot do 1440p 120 fps, but it has no issue doing 1080p 120hz. After I get an upgraded HDMI switch and a better HDMI cable today, I’ll see if that allows 1440p 120 fps.
  5. Rooivok Win User

Activating 4k on 1440p monitor damages the monitor?

I'm wondering the same thing. I bought yesterday the asus VG27WQ1B. It's a 1440p 165hz curved monitor. My series x sees it as a 4k 60, 1440p 120, 1440p 60, 1080p 120 and 1080p 60 capable. Screen. If I select 4k and open the monitor osd, it shows 2160p 60. Even if I go to YouTube and open stats for nerds, the viewport shows 2160p. If I select 1440p 120 (the reason I bought it in the first place) and I go to calibrate hdr in the Xbox settings, the display automatically changes to 2160p 60 hdr on.

Definitely don't get no signal and like you said, "you wouldn't be able to activate a mode that your monitor doesn't support"

Did I accidentally just bought a monitor that has best of both worlds?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
Thema:

1. Xbox series x won’t do 120@1440p - Similar Threads - series won’t 120@1440p

2. Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile: Xbox Series X won't sign in/add profile I copied this problem from a 3 year old post that found no solutions, hopefully someone has the answer? I’ve tried restarting my Xbox, restarting my...
  3. My series x won’t stay on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x won’t stay on.: It will come on once after fighting with it then it shuts off and won’t come back on but it will make the power button noise any suggestions how do i fix it? 7d50128a-2007-4f27-bd8e-96d8d06bae40
  4. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  5. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  6. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  7. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  8. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  9. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  10. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...