xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz

Discus and support xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my tv specs/settings are: -Samsung model UN65MU8000 -4k UHDtv -240 refresh rate -no hdmi ports on tv, requires AV receiver that came with TV and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LIZZIE1124, Jun 10, 2021.

1. LIZZIE1124
    LIZZIE1124 Guest

my tv specs/settings are:

-Samsung model UN65MU8000

-4k UHDtv

-240 refresh rate

-no hdmi ports on tv, requires AV receiver that came with TV and has 4 HDMI slots

Picture-> Expert Settings

-HDR+ is disabled

General->External Device Manager

-game mode is on (only usable if using HDMI port 3)

-HDMI UHD color is on for all 4 HDMI ports

Support->Software Update->Update Now

-there are no available updates; hardware is up to date

my xbox settings/specs are-

-xbox series x, brand new

-console has been restarted

-console is connected to hdmi port 3 on tvs AV receiver using the microsoft HDMI cable that came with the xbox

-DISPLAY:

resolution: 4k UHD

-VIDEO MODES:

✅allowing 50hz

✅allowing 24hz

✅allowing YVC 4:2:2

✅allow 4k

✅allow HDR10

✅auto HDR

*allow dolby is greyed out and not a usable option*

-VIDEO FIDELITY AND OVERSCAN:

✅ autodetect

*if i switch to manual, which then shows my refresh rate drop menu the to can change to 120hz, it then says my tv can’t support 4k and won’t allow any of the settings. as such, i have to use auto.

✅36bits per pixel selected

✅standard color space (recommended)

✅ app can add a border

*it does not even show the refresh drop menu nor say what it is anywhere*

*it does not allow me to ✅ the variable refresh rate option at all as it is greyed out*

4k TV details:

TV Resolution

✅ Your TV supports 4k UHD at 60hz

❌Your tv set up doesn’t support 4k UHD at 120hz

Playing Games

❌Your tv setup doesn’t support 120hz. games won’t display at 12 FPS

✅your tc supports HDR10 for gaming

❌our tv setup doesn’t support dolby vision for gaming at 4k 60hz

❌your tv setup doesn’t support dolby vision for gaming at 4k 120hz

Watching Movies and TV

✅your tv supports 4k 10-bit at 24hz

✅ your tv supports 4k 10bit at 50hz

✅your tv supports 4k 10bit at 60hz

✅your tv supports HDR10 video

❌your tv doesn’t support dolby vision

Capturing Games

✅your tv supports capturing 4k clips and screenshots

✅your tv supports capturing HDR game clips and screenshots

:)

LIZZIE1124, Jun 10, 2021
  2. StevenPerry4 Win User

HDMI ISSUE XBOX ONE S

I have similar with my Xbox Series X. Any HDR mode is shown as not supported.

On my Xbox One X they are supported, using the same cable (tried a couple including the one with the xsx) and the same HDMI port.

I have a 2018 Samsung 4k uhd tv. This is not (directly) the 120Hz or VRR issue widely reported as a issue.
  3. BlessedTM Win User

Also Is your TV 4K Supported?
  4. BlessedTM Win User

Have you Attempted to Restart the Console?
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Your TV model doesn't support or have any HDMI 2.1 ports, which is what you need if looking to get 4K at 120hz.

also the TV doesn't have 240hz refresh rate, it's a 240hz motion rate, which is a 120hz refresh rate display but again you can't get the Series X to 4K 120hz unless your TV has HDMI 2.1 ports, without HDMI 2.1 on the TV you'll be limited to 4K 60hz.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

is there a way to fix this short of buying a new TV?
    Unfortunately not, sorry, Getting 4K at 120hz to work on Series X requires a TV with HDMI 2.1 ports.
Thema:

1. xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz - Similar Threads - series samsung can’t

2. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  3. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  4. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  5. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  6. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  7. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...
  8. Is the Samsung odyssey AG320 LS24AG320NUXXU compatible with my Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Samsung odyssey AG320 LS24AG320NUXXU compatible with my Xbox series s?: Is the Samsung odyssey AG320 LS24AG320NUXXU Monitor compatible with my Xbox series s? 09f605ff-fd8f-4988-9ef6-9965875bb2ac
  9. Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR: Hi, I have a 2020 Samsung Frame TV, a Denon X3700H receiver, and an Xbox Series X, and I can’t get 4k to work with the Xbox. The Xbox detects that the TV supports 4K, but when I select 4K on it it...
  10. Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on: Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on a9822800-bb8c-4ca0-ab25-e6248f93659e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU specs