Xbox Series X weird smell

Discus and support Xbox Series X weird smell in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a brand new series x several weeks ago. Today I was playing it for about 20 minutes, and the top vent smells like a hair dryer. The front of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mjharrell_, Apr 16, 2023.

1. mjharrell_
    mjharrell_ Guest

I just got a brand new series x several weeks ago. Today I was playing it for about 20 minutes, and the top vent smells like a hair dryer. The front of the console also feels very warm. Is this something I should be concerned about?

:)

mjharrell_, Apr 16, 2023
  2. PanicRedmonkey Win User

I'm having the smell of burning plastic like crazy it's making me sick I thought my house was burning down or an electrical fire on my wall but it's coming out of the console. This is very dangerous what should I do I'm having a reaction to it medical wise.
  3. PanicRedmonkey Win User

Also to let you know it's been since the latest console update that's causing it. I hadn't been playing it because the console update there weren't really any games worth playing. And then when I fired it up running an actual game on their console update it smells like it's having an electrical fire inside. Combined with the smell of a hair dryer I have both melting plastic smell/ electrical fire smell. It's messed me up for 3 days now. I feel terrible from the smell.
  4. mjharrell_ Win User

It’s not the heat that worries me. It’s the hair dryer smell.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

It's normal for the vents to feel hot depending on how you use your console. Be sure to ventilate your console correctly.
    Check your guide from this link here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If it feels very hot even if you didn't play games, your console may be defective and needs replacement. Since it's still new, you may send it back for a replacement or check your options herehttps://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  6. Rostom L Win User

I understand. The smell of plastic or smell of a hair dryer is dependent on the amount of heat produced by your console. If it's not that too hot, that should be fine. But if you observed that the smell is too strong like it's burning plastic on a regular usage, please send it for replacement or repair.

To further isolate the issue, try to use a different app or game and see if one them is causing the heat issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X weird smell - Similar Threads - Series weird smell

2. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  3. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  4. Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue: I recently bought a new a new monitor and every time I press the middle button or go to send a chat in CoD MW3, my screen turns black for about less than 3-4 seconds and audio cuts out. I have...
  5. Logitech g pro superlight acts weird on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech g pro superlight acts weird on xbox series s: I got this mouse brand new I tried to play fortnite And my mouse acts sooo weird! Tried to move and it feels like the mouse has hes own will, Tried to change ingame sensesitivy Didnt help.....
  6. Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s: Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox for some reason my xbox series s is disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi even when i change my wifi so i figured it is my xbox...
  7. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  8. Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB): I've been trying to connect my Xbox Series S controller on PC but its not working properly, for some reason only both triggers (RT and LT) and sticks (LSB and RSB) aren't working, while bumpers...
  9. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....