Xbox Series X uses 10 times more power than PS5 in Sleep mode

Discus and support Xbox Series X uses 10 times more power than PS5 in Sleep mode in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know that the Xbox Series X uses more power in the Sleep mode rather than the Shutdown mode - but according to https://youtu.be/l1TqFGmCEUo the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Praneeth Reddy, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X uses 10 times more power than PS5 in Sleep mode

I know that the Xbox Series X uses more power in the Sleep mode rather than the Shutdown mode - but according to https://youtu.be/l1TqFGmCEUo the Xbox Series X uses 10 times more power than PS5 in the equivalent sleep mode. 10 watts while sleeping seems somewhat excessive and almost like a bug that needs to be fixed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what's going on here?

:)

Praneeth Reddy, Nov 2, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes but did you read the stats ?

Sleep mode on ps5 =fatal for your gamesaves it is recommendedby sony you fully shut down the ps5 and yes I have a ps5

I rather trust a series x over a ps5 for safety because of the known fatal flaw in idle mode

And no sony warranty doesn't COVER the flaw

Basically if you put your ps5 in idle or sleep good luck on recovering your games and saves on any external device

This includes fatal cluster corruption requiring q full low level format and since you cant transfer games between consoles you will have to download your games again unless you have backup on internal drive

(Ps5 requires you to format any new storage device including self corrupting drives

Are you really going to gripe about 5 cents a night vs 100s of dollars on damage

I lost ff7 remake completion data and no matter what putting ps5 into sleep mode will give you and automatic you did not shut down your console and you will now have to scan and repair your drive

https://youtu.be/70wWxSbto14

And yes I experienced it because I lost months of gamesaves and downloads and I had thr error 2 weeks ago

I fully shutdown the console and if I have to charge controllers I use a USB charger not the rest mode

Also known issues of never waking up again
  3. Praneeth Reddy Win User

@ngocphi Fair enough, when you put it that way the tradeoff seems worth it :)
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

It depends on what it’s doing in sleep mode. If it’s actively downloading and decompressing data, or updating the system, it’s going to use more power. It wakes up every once in a while to check for updates, and other things in sleep mode. That’s why you leave it in sleep mode, so that it updates things while you’re not playing.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Should.be noted most electronics including your fridge and tv use more power pluged in and idle off in an hour then xbox or ps5 in a year

You gotta remember you aren't charged in watts but kwh

This is the price you pay for having the conviences of pressing on on your remote and the tv turning om immediately

(Phamtom power yes it's called that this is since the 80s when remotes weren't physically linked to the tv
  6. Matthew Davis7 Win User

xbox series x advertises as a 4k 120hz console but barely any games can run that "false advertisement"

The Xbox series X is absolutely more powerful than the ps5. Someone just did a fps test on Mw3 where ps5 is 110-113fps and Xbox is a consistent 120 that never drops.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X uses 10 times more power than PS5 in Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Series uses times

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  4. No Sound using Sonos Arc - Xbox Series X (6/13/24)

in XboX Insiders
    No Sound using Sonos Arc - Xbox Series X (6/13/24): I sent two reports using tracing to show no audio is working. Oddly even after updates and hard resets the sound works on Xbox splash and then goes silent immediately after. This began before and...
  5. No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...: No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried Everything Any Help ? fef22dac-555e-41f8-ac3e-ccd7dd1aea27
  6. Xbox Series X warranty already been used.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X warranty already been used.: Hii, I recently bought a Xbox Series X from Amazon and when (yesterday) I registered both console and controller to Microsoft account, I found out that the warranty of the console has been used...
  7. Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?: I want to connect my xbox series s (i am getting soon) to my macbook air M1 2020, but when i did research it said that i couldn’t connect an xbox series s to my macbook but also gave me an option...
  8. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  9. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  10. My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app.: My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app. If I have a game open the system stays on. It's been this way since I bought it when they first came out. It is so frustrating to hear the same...