Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console

Discus and support Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a new console and the update keeps getting stuck on step 2 at 27% no matter how many times I restart the update. I’ve looked at articles to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Allison Tinney, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console

I just got a new console and the update keeps getting stuck on step 2 at 27% no matter how many times I restart the update. I’ve looked at articles to try and troubleshoot, but I can’t find anything to help with a brand new console. Maybe this part could just take longer, but I’ve left it for about an hour with no change.

:)

Allison Tinney, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Allison Tinney Win User

How do I get back to that initial setup procedure?
  3. OpticRJames Win User

I see. Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then during the initial setup procedure when prompted to connect to the Internet. Connect the console to the mobile hotspot connection. Try updating your console after that and see if it works.
  4. Allison Tinney Win User

I'm afraid this hasn't worked for me, and I haven't got a USB to do the offline update.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

I see. Please try the button sequence below to do a factory reset.

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Allison. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try doing an offline system update.

Please do the steps from this link to download the update via offline mode, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console - Similar Threads - Series update trouble

2. Overly Sensitive Xbox Series X Controllers after updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overly Sensitive Xbox Series X Controllers after updates: After the recent updates, my Xbox controllers are extremely sensitive when pressing the joystick and will continue scrolling after I release it. I've looked through the settings and there is no...
  3. After 5/31 240528-2200 update, Series X networking totally borked

in XboX Insiders
    After 5/31 240528-2200 update, Series X networking totally borked: I got an update 5/31/24 to 25398.4885.amd64fre.xb_flt_2406zn.240528-2200 (I think this is Delta) and now it seems the network stack is totally broken. Tried a few things: Network switch port...
  4. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  5. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  6. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  7. Xbox Series X May 2024 600MB update issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X May 2024 600MB update issue: So i was gaming recently on my series x and then a notification happened saying "Let's update! Console will restart before update is complete". So the console shuts down and I expect it to...
  8. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  9. After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?: After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on? 989a4524-ae05-4952-a82e-fe9c761c7b42
  10. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...