Xbox Series X unable to use 120hz on 1440p LG 32GK650F-B

Discus and support Xbox Series X unable to use 120hz on 1440p LG 32GK650F-B in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a LG 32GK650F-B but unable to select 1440p @ 120hz on this monitor, I can only use 1440p @ 60hz. It reverts to 1080p 120hz. I use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dvsx, Dec 2, 2020.

1. dvsx
    dvsx Guest

Hi,

I have a LG 32GK650F-B but unable to select 1440p @ 120hz on this monitor, I can only use 1440p @ 60hz.

It reverts to 1080p 120hz.

I use the HDMI cable that came with Xbox Series X in my PC plugged into the same HDMI port in monitor and I am able to use 1440p @ 120hz and above (monitor is 144hz).

Any advice?

Thanks

:)

dvsx, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Zero420override Win User

Xbox One X 120hz Option on LG 32gk650f-b

LG 32GK650F-B - With manual settings on Xbox will only allow 120hz at 1080p or 60hz at 1440p.
  3. dvsx Win User

I see, that's a real shame.

Thanks for the prompt reply!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

This is a very frequently asked question at the moment on these forums. Basically the display timings accepted by Xbox Series X are different to the timings (the frequency measured in Hz) that a PC graphics card will accept.

This is because most monitors don't use the standard timings put down by VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association), they have their own none-standard timings. An example of a none standard timing could be 119.88Hz instead of something closer to 120Hz
    of 119.98Hz. Such timings cause no problems for PCs as their graphics cards are not locked to the VESA standard. This why 120Hz works on your PC, but not on your console.

I really hope that makes sense.

Bear in mind also that the LG 32GK650F-B, like many of LG's gaming monitors, has a 100Hz limit to FreeSync over HDMI. So, even if you could get 1440P @120Hz you can't use FreeSync. FreeSync is a Variable Refresh Rate technology that syncs the display refresh
    with the games fps output. Without VRR you'll get screen tearing whenever the frame rate drops below 120 fps on games that support that frame rate.

There are no official responses to this issue from Microsoft despite the potential for a technically easy fix. So for the moment at least, you'll either have to drop to 1080P for 120Hz (and turn on VRR) or stick with 60Hz and VRR.

There are still benefits to using a monitor over a TV. Most TVs are still HDMI 2.0 and don't have VRR and users on these displays will get screen tearing, you won't have this issue.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one s 1440p 120hz problems

I have tried turning freesync off on the monitor side and vrr off on the xbox, still doesn’t allow me to select 1440p@ 120hz.
    I'm not surprised it's not working.

"When connected via DisplayPort, the 32GK650F has an excellent VRR range, but unfortunately, it has a limited range over HDMI, and FreeSync only works up to 100Hz."

Source

Sorry about that.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X unable to use 120hz on 1440p LG 32GK650F-B - Similar Threads - Series unable 120hz

2. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  3. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  4. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  8. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  9. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  10. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 32GK650F-B xbox 120 hz

2. 32gk650f 120hz 1440p

3. 32gk650f xbox series