Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

Discus and support Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Exiled Vahx, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Exiled Vahx
    Exiled Vahx Guest

I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay.

I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly stop when i start a third one, no files are generated on my external hard drive that is formatted for media files. I have been recording gameplay for 2 years now, so its not a configuration issue. I did not touch anything in my settings.

If i do a power cycle/ console restart, i can record again, maybe 1 or 2x. So the recording works, but inconsistent.

When it does work, i get a notification that recording has started, but no notification when i end the recording.

When it doesnt work, i still get a notification that recording has started but when opening the menu with the Xbox button, no active recording is shown.

I recording my game sessions per matchmaking so its very annoying to only be able to record 2 games of 15 minutes and then have to restart my console.

The hard drive is formatted correctly and works without problems. The settings are correct to save to the hard drive.

The problem has been reported by other already so i dont see workaround for it.

I already followed the advice on this thread which reports the exact same issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-use-an/4c124c65-f75e-4f9e-a003-bae83c549a1c

I have also seen a few reports of the same issue on Reddit over on r/XboxSupport.

Everyone reports this issue started on the weekend of the 13th, which is also the last update the console had.

I'm also certain my xbox no longer recognises my gaming monitor as 4K anymore, its a Samsung Odyssey G4 and it worked fine before, but since the same time, the 4K is no longer recognised, in this problem i have also tried every possible setting and troubleshooting i could find online.

:)

Exiled Vahx, Apr 20, 2024
  2. DJThornhill Win User

April Update Beta Issues

Since the March update I have been unable to record with Game DVR. But since getting the April preview I am unable to use Game DVR at all. I have done all suggested methods to resolve this but nothing has worked.
  3. OneFuriousFox Win User

Game capture time decreased

Power cycling is useless. Complete factory reset is useless. Xbox support chat is useless. Already tried each one. It is a software issue, where Xbox has changed the menu on the Xbox series x so that the "record what happened" feature, usedbto record previous gameplay, can only record 1 minute of previous gameplay. My original Xbox One from a decade ago can record previous gameplay of the same quality for up to 2 minutes.
  4. Drumns3b Win User

My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!

Hi,

Great News indeed! I see the last update (09/24/21) ans it work perfectly for me now.

My SSD Work again on my Series X. I can record my gameplay again… Yessss!

Thanks for this fast update.
  5. Cristiana_C Win User

Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023)

Hello, OGCryptor!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble recording your voice with your Xbox Series X. It seems like you’ve already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps.

As of now, the Xbox Series X does not have a built-in feature to record voice commentary over gameplay using the console’s capture system. This is a limitation of the current system and not something you’re doing wrong.

The options you mentioned were indeed available on older console models but are no longer present on the Series X.

If you want to include your voice in your gameplay recordings, you might need to consider using external hardware or software. For example, you could use a PC with capture software that can record both gameplay and commentary, or a dedicated game capture device.

I hope this helps clarify the situation. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Cristiana
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

What are your One X thoughts now that you have it?

The console runs eerily silent.

Also I’ve noticed on the One you can record gameplay up to 10 minutes but on the X it’s only 2. I wonder if I change to 1080p if it will record longer? I’ll try it and update.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update - Similar Threads - series Unable record

2. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  3. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  4. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  7. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  8. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  9. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  10. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...