Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

Discus and support Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Exiled Vahx, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Exiled Vahx
    Exiled Vahx Guest

I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay.

I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly stop when i start a third one, no files are generated on my external hard drive that is formatted for media files. I have been recording gameplay for 2 years now, so its not a configuration issue. I did not touch anything in my settings.

If i do a power cycle/ console restart, i can record again, maybe 1 or 2x. So the recording works, but inconsistent.

When it does work, i get a notification that recording has started, but no notification when i end the recording.

When it doesnt work, i still get a notification that recording has started but when opening the menu with the Xbox button, no active recording is shown.

I recording my game sessions per matchmaking so its very annoying to only be able to record 2 games of 15 minutes and then have to restart my console.

The hard drive is formatted correctly and works without problems. The settings are correct to save to the hard drive.

The problem has been reported by other already so i dont see workaround for it.

I already followed the advice on this thread which reports the exact same issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-use-an/4c124c65-f75e-4f9e-a003-bae83c549a1c

I have also seen a few reports of the same issue on Reddit over on r/XboxSupport.

Everyone reports this issue started on the weekend of the 13th, which is also the last update the console had.

I'm also certain my xbox no longer recognises my gaming monitor as 4K anymore, its a Samsung Odyssey G4 and it worked fine before, but since the same time, the 4K is no longer recognised, in this problem i have also tried every possible setting and troubleshooting i could find online.

:)

Exiled Vahx, Apr 20, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: