xBox Series X turns itself off after 5 seconds

Discus and support xBox Series X turns itself off after 5 seconds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So yesterday my series X arrived and I played Conan Exiles for about 2 hours, then the console crashed and turned off. When I turn it on, it will turn... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/frisch85, Jun 8, 2021.

1. /u/frisch85
    /u/frisch85 Guest

So yesterday my series X arrived and I played Conan Exiles for about 2 hours, then the console crashed and turned off. When I turn it on, it will turn itself off again after just 5 seconds and it's not even booting into the start screen. I have tried unplugging it for more than 5 minutes to no success, I've changed it's position to no success, the top most fan doesn't seem to spin when I turn on the console and I don't know if that's the issue.

I'm currently figuring out whether I send the console back to the seller or if I should send it to microsoft but I'm afraid sending it to MS will take longer instead of requesting a new console from the seller. Before I do so I'd still like to know if anyone has a solution to this problem as it seems to be rather common, maybe a faulty console?

submitted by /u/frisch85
    [link] [comments]

/u/frisch85, Jun 8, 2021
  2. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  3. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  4. michaelestes7 Win User

Xbox one x turns on then after 5 seconds turns off

What a horrible & inept way to treat paying customers. WOW
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for replying to keep us updated. Sorry to hear that you're unable to get the troubleshooting screen to appear. Since this is the case, you may want to contact the place you financed the purchase of the Xbox from first to see if they have any suggestions
    or may offer you an exchange since you haven't had it long (dependent on their policies of course).

If not, then contacting your Microsoft store over in Manchester prior to going in would be a good idea to see what they can offer you in regard to an exchange. They would also be able to set up a servicing or repair for the console there as well, I believe.
    In regards to warranty, standard warranty for an Xbox console is 1 year. Its recommended that you register your device prior to contacting the Microsoft store and can do so by

clicking here
    . You can also read up on how to send your device for repair, etc on our support article entitled

Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced

I hope that this information helps out a bit more. Please let us know the results.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. xBox Series X turns itself off after 5 seconds - Similar Threads - Series turns itself

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. The xbox series S turns on by itself.

in XBoX on Windows
    The xbox series S turns on by itself.: I have a multiport usb accessory plugged in to be able to use keyboard and mouse would that be the reason? There is also a headset usb dongle plugged into the accessory. I will turn the xbox off...
  5. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  6. Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on: [img] My cousin got a new xbox series s last month, he started playing with it (mainly EAFC 24). After a while, specifically last week he started having issues with the xbox restarting mid game...
  7. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  8. Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself: Hi. So I was watching some YouTube today, and when a commercial popped up, my console went black for a few seconds, and after that, the Xbox logo showed up, and I was kicked to the dashboard. Is...
  9. Xbox Series X Keeps Turning Itself On and Off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Keeps Turning Itself On and Off: Hey all! I’ve had my series x for about 15 months now and it’s been great up until last week or so. All of a sudden it started to shut itself off and turn itself back on again after only a few...
  10. My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...: Recently I tried to turn on my Xbox Series S but it wouldn't display anything on my screen. Then I noticed that it was turning itself off. There was a big thunderstorm in my area the day before so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x off after 5 sec