Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes

Discus and support Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I bought a used Xbox Series X that had crashing issues in more demanding games (Xbox 360 games work perfectly fine), I decided to change thermal paste... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Wiktorelka, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes

I bought a used Xbox Series X that had crashing issues in more demanding games (Xbox 360 games work perfectly fine), I decided to change thermal paste to see if it changes anything, but I still have the same issue.

The issue is:

I launch the game (Fortnite to be exact) I load into the game, join a match, and after 2-3 minutes my game freezes for about 3-4 seconds then crashes.

It just shuts down the game, not the console, It freezes and throws me into Xbox Start Menu or whatever it's called, no message, no notification u name it.

Please help!

submitted by /u/Wiktorelka
    [link] [comments]

/u/Wiktorelka, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Theisemil96nielsen Win User

Software bugs

My xbox series x is crashing when playing Anny game is started op it freezes after 2 minutes and shuts down can you tell when there will be a fix update for this best regards theis
  3. JakeConway Win User

Power issues on Xbox series x

Mine goes off after 2 to 3 hours of gameplay. Xbox ambassador advised me to carry out a soft reset on the console.

Believe it may be an issue with overheating. Both Xbox Series X games and normal games seem to be crashing for me.
  4. Jeramathius Win User

Marvel Avengers sound cuts out mins into game playing?

XBOX Series X, newest patch....sound cuts out minutes after loading. Restart the game and it works for about 2 minutes then cuts out again. It is only the Marvel Avengers game and it is new after the Tachyon rift patch.
  5. liveloveleenoy Win User

Nba2k20 still crashing?

Same issue.

Xbox one X crashes only on NBA2K20 (Game pass). Can play other games hours and hours but NBA2K20 crashes randomly, or if I try to play NBA2K20 street mode it immediately crashes (every time).

Once restarted an error code stating overheating is presented on the screen, however, the Xbox is not hot. This also happens after an overnight with the Xbox unplugged, and in the morning trying to get into the street mode: it crashes immediately with the
    same error code (no way the Xbox could get heated that fast to crash the machine 2-3 minutes after the first, morning restart).
  6. ScandyAndy Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Steam user and Xbox Game Pass user in the same convoy

I have the exact same issue - Series X keeps crashing when trying to play with my daughter on PC. She has no issues or crashing, just me after a few minutes of being in the convoy.
Thema:

Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes

1. Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes - Similar Threads - Series game crashes

2. Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass: Recently I have changed my background on my Xbox Series X to a custom image with a size of 4.75 mb. The max is 5 mb for a custom image to be you or background on Xbox. When launching Xbox game...
  3. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  4. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  5. Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x: Every Game with Scarlett app model on Xbox X on the System Crashes to Dashboard every 40 minutes. There are stutters at times at both 4k and 1080p. Older app models have no issue. It seems to be...
  6. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  7. Xbox Series X crashing on some games (Golden Eye 007, Arcade Paradise, Tunic) but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashing on some games (Golden Eye 007, Arcade Paradise, Tunic) but not...: I am having a problem with my Series X crashing with no apparent cause, and only on certain games. Media like YouTube, Paramount+, and Netflix have no issues, neither does dashboard navigation. It...
  8. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  9. Xbox Series S crashes every game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S crashes every game.: Hi, I am currently using Xbox series S and every game that i have downloaded crashes ater playing for sometime and even at the start. I have a stable internet connection with no networking...
  10. My XBoX Series X game crashed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBoX Series X game crashed: My system stays on fine during install but when I play a game after about 10 minutes or so the game crashes and the system restarts. I Tried reset/factory restore and hard reset it’s weird cause...