Xbox Series X starts up with black screen, until I restart it.

Discus and support Xbox Series X starts up with black screen, until I restart it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this issue only started in the last couple of weeks. I have the xbox set to sleep instead of fully shut down, sometimes when it is turned on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndyRadford, Dec 29, 2023.

1. AndyRadford
    AndyRadford Guest

So this issue only started in the last couple of weeks.

I have the xbox set to sleep instead of fully shut down, sometimes when it is turned on the screen is just black but you can hear the sound still.

Luckily I have memorised the process of shutting down and restarting as I have to do this with the screen black, once I do the restart it works perfectly.

Does anyone know the reason or fix for this?

If I have to I will just set the xbox to shut down properly everytime.

Thanks

:)

AndyRadford, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello AndyRadford, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal data.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing with the black screen, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, who suggests the following steps to resolve the problem and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

First of all, please check if it gives you a signal and if it allows you to access the Xbox troubleshooting screen as follows:

1. Make sure the console does not have any game disc inside, if so please take it out before continuing with the rest of the process.

2. Turn off the console and unplug the power cord for 30 seconds to make sure the console is completely off, then plug it back in but don't turn it on yet.

3. Press and hold the Pair and Eject buttons on your console, then press the power button on your console once while still holding down the Pair and Eject buttons.

4. Press and hold the Pair and Eject buttons for 10 to 15 seconds until you hear the console power-on tone again, once you hear it you can release the buttons.

5. The console should turn on and display the Xbox startup troubleshooter on the screen.

6. If you are able to successfully access the troubleshooter screen then try resetting the console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications, to do this please select "Reset this Xbox". When prompted, select the Keep games and apps option. This option will reset the operating system and delete all data that may be corrupted and causing the problem, without deleting your applications or games.

7. Check if the problem persists after doing all the above.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/98f21a81-e6ad-4c09-97e1-e23844068ec2

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. FatalDarkprince Win User

Black Screen of Death (Xbox One X)

Hello there,

I have an Xbox One X and this issue started occuring after an insider update so I presume you are also part of the insider program. Once I saw the black screen on my tv, my first instinct was to turn off or restart console but instead I ended up just pressing a bunch of the face buttons until the black screen went away. This happened to me twice afterwards the insider team released another update to fix this. Once you get past the screen, update your console and the black screen should go away.
  4. THE SKR3WDr1V3R Win User

what was the update today? 20th june 2012

I downloaded the update and everything went fine until the reboot. When it rebooted it kind of went into a green pixelated screen for a second then black and never started up. Then I restarted my XBOX it did the same thing. The second time I restarted
    it started up normal, but I had to re-download the update again. I refuse to download until I find a solution.
  5. Daniel Lueke Win User

I can't play call of duty mw2 it keeps freezing and crashing

Same here! Xbox Series X, random frozen screen, Xbox still alive but game itself is gone. Restart of game needed.

Happens mostly right after I died and this zooming in scene is starting.
  6. Patrick Murphy1 Win User

Xbox Series X dashboard issue

I have also been having this exact issue on my Series X. The temporary fix is a hard restart (Hold down the xbox button on the xbox until it stops blinking). This started occurring to me yesterday.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X starts up with black screen, until I restart it. - Similar Threads - Series starts black

2. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  3. Why won't my series x start up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series x start up?: My series x won't start up! And yes, I've done everything. abfebc00-3171-4390-ae80-5c1a2c9a16ae
  4. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  5. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  6. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...
  7. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  8. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  9. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  10. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a