Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

Discus and support Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MasterProtector, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already done an internal cleaning just to get those out of the way.

The issue started the exact date of December 13th post an update on warframe (whispers) where now every 3 ish hours into playing, my console gets progressively slowed IE pressing home button and it takes 5-15 seconds just to open. Pretty much switching any screen or doing anything Xbox related refuses to function normally, and closing the game does not stop the issue as it remains however slow it has progressed to until I power cycle my Xbox.

I want to add that I contacted digital extremes the parent company to warframe that night and have received rather poor response time and support help, I have followed every single suggestion at a fox they have thrown my way to no avail, and tried also contacting Microsoft prior as well, I have done everything from clearing persistent storage/cache, multiple redownload attempts, even a full factory reset with a forced update via flash drive following the steps Microsoft lays out. The issue still persists but at this point I’ve eliminated every OS issue there might be.

I feel like this also couldn’t be a hardware issue because it doesn’t affect any other game, even the new palworld game which s notorious for its high ram consumption on console due to further optimization being needed and the devs having made an open statement that memory leak issues exist causing further ram usage, even this game which has my console constantly spun up does not replicate the issue that warframe is causing. Furthermore that this issue did not emerge until post update. Even the Thursday prior to that update I had an over 10 hour session in game with no issue.

I have requested internal checks on their end to see if account information is corrupted, if it’s some sort of memory leak issue, or if it’s a rare game/client problem, and in two months this request has not been acknowledged.

I am continuing to try and solve this issue on my end by testing everything I can, however given I cannot see if it’s resolved until 2.5-4 hours into playing, it makes this a time consuming venture to figure out what the root cause is, this is a rather specific and focused issue and I would really like it if anyone can help me out, in particular I would love if someone at Microsoft could maybe light a fire under someone’s behind to do an internal check as I can give the date of my most recent test which was Sunday 2/11/24 a session lasting about 3.5 hours.

:)

MasterProtector, Feb 14, 2024
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello, my question is what's all the ssd expansion card I can use for xbox series x. Thanks

Only the Seagate Expansion and the WD Black C50 work for Series X|S games. All other SSD's can only be connected via the USB port and they are too slow for Series X|S games
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Why red dead redemption 2 is running slow xbox series x?

My problem is that the game is really slow and that's why it's not fun at all, but I remember that the game was smoother on the ps4 version. It seems that ray tracing is active in the game and that's why the game runs slowly, but there is no such option in the settings.
    Hi,

Not sure where you've got that information from. There is no Ray Tracing in RDR2, it's not been optimised for Series X|S either. It was only developed to take advantage of the now older Xbox One X. The Series X runs the One X version of the game, but it's still only 30fps though.

If you've been playing lots of smooth 60fps games and then load up RDR2 it's bound to feel slow in comparison.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

Thema:

Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

1. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe) - Similar Threads - series slowing caused

2. Xbox series x downloads insanely slow

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x downloads insanely slow: Hi, anything that I try to download on my series X takes fucking ages. And what is worst it takes up the whole broadband bandwidth in my home. I own all the consoles and PC and this doesn’t...
  3. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps): Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and...
  4. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  5. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  6. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  7. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  8. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  9. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  10. Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where: So my connection has been good for as long as I remember until a week ago everytime I play call of duty or something I have so much packet loss and the game is unplayable. When I go to the network...