Xbox Series X shutting off during game play

Discus and support Xbox Series X shutting off during game play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased the new Xbox Series X and am having issues with it shutting itself off during game play and it seems to run extremely hot and it is in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LisaDeshaies, Nov 23, 2020.

1. LisaDeshaies
    LisaDeshaies Guest

I purchased the new Xbox Series X and am having issues with it shutting itself off during game play and it seems to run extremely hot and it is in a well ventilated area. Anyone figure out a fix yet?

:)

LisaDeshaies, Nov 23, 2020
  2. LisaDeshaies Win User

It always runs hot even while watch Netflix or other format, it only shuts off during those games though now that you mention it. I will contact them thank you so much for your help.
  3. LisaDeshaies Win User

Call of Duty: Cold War and it happened twice during Modern Warfare
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Assassin's Creed achievements not popping is a known issue. So is the quick resume, that's got some issues too. For now, it's best to save and quit when you want to start something else.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

What game are you playing when this happens?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Every report I've seen of this, it's happening during playing Cold War. Both games probably use the same game engine, so it could be causing the overheating issue. Other games don't seem to effect it. What I would do is turn off the console, let it cool,
    then later try some other games, see if they have the same issue. If not, then you will know it's Cold War & Modern Warfare that's causing it. Once you're certain the games are what's causing the issue, then you should report the issue to Activision, Infinity
    Ward & Treyarch. Hopefully they will be able to work with Microsoft to issue a patch which stops the console to overheat while playing the games.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X shutting off during game play - Similar Threads - Series shutting off

2. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.: I ordered my console via Amazon back in January, and I've noticed this issue since I got it. It replaced an early model Xbox One with the older controllers, which I never had an issue with. It's...
  5. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  6. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  7. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  8. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  9. My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.: I try playing games but the power shuts off randomly. I’ve seen others posts about the Xbox One X but I haven’t seen any for the original ones. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Xbox series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x shutting off: My Xbox has been randomly shutting completely off on its own. Tried to reset the whole Xbox without removing games didn’t work . Now reset it completely taking everything off and it’s worse trying...