Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k

Discus and support Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue after purchasing a new tv. My Xbox worked fine with the previous tv, but it was only running at 1080p so I decided to purchase... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dominater03, Feb 6, 2024.

1. dominater03
    dominater03 Guest

Hello,

I have an issue after purchasing a new tv. My Xbox worked fine with the previous tv, but it was only running at 1080p so I decided to purchase a new 4k 120hz tv. The model I got (Vizio M-series Quantum X) has 4k, 120hz refresh rate, is HDR10+ capable with Dolby Vision. But every time I try turning my 4k the system runs for 1-2minutes and the shuts down.

I have tried: resetting my Xbox, different ultra high speed hdmi cords, changing the refresh rate from 120 to 60, updating my Xbox, updating the tv, turning off HDR, turning off VRR with 4k60hz and 4k120hz. It still works at 1080p fine, on the new tv.

Is this a known problem for the Series X? I tried contacting through Microsoft and they routed me to a web chat with “other gamers” and the guy I spoke with said it would most likely be an issue with the Xbox and I should send it in for repairs, but they want $300 to look at it. Are there other options?

:)

dominater03, Feb 6, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Dominater03, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This does seem to be a hardware issue, your console is having difficulties launching games on higher graphics settings.

I also recommend sending it for repairs, but, you can still try one last thing, which is reinstalling the system via a USB drive.

For a detailed guide, please use this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the above link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

------------------------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ------------------------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

---------------------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ---------------------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. ColeDeSilvey Win User

Account

Maybe Xbox Live is shutting down on the 360 to make way for the series x/series as s?
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  5. Electrified90s Win User

Code (0x80bd003c) with brand new crucial X8 2tb SSD on Xbox series X troubleshooting

Don't worry managed to get sorted by completing a full shut down of my Xbox series X.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Can i unshrink ganes on xbox series s

Yes but as mentioned you will have issues

It upscales not native

Only the xbox one x and series x are 4k native

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s

The reason why smart delivery compresses files because of the CPU and GPU power and storage limitations

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/consoles/compare

True 4k vs 1440p

Most.games will.only run 1080p max on series s

It will do less CPU intensive stuff like 4k streaming

Series x does 4k 60hx with possible 120hz (dropped fps )

Xbox one x does only 4k 30hz
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k - Similar Threads - Series Shuts down

2. Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight: As title. Every night for about the last month, our Xbox Series X shuts down at precisely midnight. Doesn’t matter if we’re watching something or playing something. There have been several updates...
  3. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  4. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X shutting down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series X shutting down?: My xbox is shutting down during halo infinite. Is there something wrong with my xbox? I've had my series X since day 1 and this is the first time something like this has happened....
  7. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  8. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  9. Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden: Hi, I’m at a loss with this issue I am having. I’m posting on here in the hope that it might actually get somewhere. I’ve been having this issue for more than a year, for some reason I cannot...
  10. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042