Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED

Discus and support Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series x is connected to the LG OLED via the Xbox series x 2.0 HDMI cable. Yet for streaming apps, YouTube, a game or two the screen goes to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joshua Rodriguez5, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED

Xbox series x is connected to the LG OLED via the Xbox series x 2.0 HDMI cable. Yet for streaming apps, YouTube, a game or two the screen goes to static. Sometimes it goes away on its own and sometimes I have to reset everything. Per other discussion boards and even Reddit, this is a recurring common issue. Yes it has been reset, both Xbox and TV, from factory to different settings such as bit rate, unplugging all the cables and even resetting WiFi routers and unplugging and replugging Ethernet cables going from Xbox to router. All the forums advice and previous Microsoft advice has been done. The recurring theme seems to be an Xbox issue with smart TVs, everyone gets told temporary fixes and get ghosted after being told they (Microsoft) will look into the issue. This is not a new or unique problem. Do we have a solution or update soon? Xbox and TV are up to date, and this problem can also be found on other forums, and recurring reddits posts

:)

Joshua Rodriguez5, Nov 23, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Joshua Rodriguez5,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X and LG OLED TV. Based on the information you've provided, it seems that you've already tried all the troubleshooting steps that are commonly recommended for this issue.

At this point, I would recommend reaching out to Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to escalate the issue to their engineering team for further investigation. You can contact Xbox Support by following the guide below.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. ChewyWaffles Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

That seems interesting, but my understanding is that this is primarily an Xbox Series X / LG OLED combo issue. I will still try this, though.
  4. ChewyWaffles Win User

Having this issue with the series X and the 2020 77” LG OLED. Only thing that fixes it is turning the TV off and on.
  5. Scary Jon Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

6. Devils River 90 Win User

I don't know if I'm making a similar post or just responding to the OP. But I am having the same black screens on my Netflix shows. Series x and 2020 LG oled 55". Never had any issue with one X. Anybody find a way to report this?
Thema:

1. Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED - Similar Threads - series showing static

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  4. Xbox Series S dont showing up no Wi-Fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S dont showing up no Wi-Fi: Hi, I recently moved out my old house and when I connected my Xbox it didn't show me any wireless network to connect, I've tried all the possible and imaginable solutions but it still doesn't work...
  5. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  6. Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.: My xbox series s is not displaying as a wireless display on my windows 10 pc. Both devices are on the same wired network, and i have the wireless display app open on my xbox, but it still doesn't...
  7. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  8. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  9. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...