Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

Discus and support Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joe doliczny, Jul 25, 2023.

1. joe doliczny
    joe doliczny Guest

My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone experienced this before with their xbox or know how to resolve? I can't believe a £500 console could break after less than 3 years.

:)

joe doliczny, Jul 25, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello, Joe.
    It’s good to know that isn't the console.

Let’s try to troubleshoot your TV. For that purpose, please try:

1. Verifying if there is a firmware update pending for your TV.

2. Do a factory reset for your TV.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Joe, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your Xbox Series X. Let's try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

Is your console enrolled in the Xbox insider program?

Do you experience this behavior everywhere, including the dashboard?

May I know if you tried connecting your console to another HDMI port, TV, or testing other HDMI cable?
  4. joe doliczny Win User

Hi Manuela

I tried that and no luck, things have actually gotten weirder.

I have 3 hdmi ports and have tested my laptop, amazon fire stick and xbox through all of them.

The laptop and fire stick work through all of them fine. The xbox will work for a few seconds in hdmi 1 then nothing, for hdmi 2 & 3 it's the same green spots and cutting out. It's very strange. I've attached a photo to show what the xbox screen looks like.

The issue occurred when I got the amazon 4k firestick funnily enough, but I've tried removing it and doesn't have any improvement.

The TV is only a few years old as well and a Hitachi 4k so would expect it still to work. Not sure what to do now.

[​IMG]
  5. joe doliczny Win User

Hi Manuela

Thank you for getting back to me. I have just tested it on my computer monitor and its working okay. This suggests then it's an issue with the TV or hdmi cable. The weird thing is both the hdmi cable and port work with other devices, such as Amazon firestick and laptops. Good news it isn't the xbox as it first appeared but not sure how I can fix the issue.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

That’s unfortunate to know, Joe.

Based on all this information, I can suggest two possible solutions:

A. Go to console settings > system > console info > reset > choose “keep my games and apps”.
    Additionally, make sure to know your account credentials before doing this process.

B. Perform an offline update on your Xbox. You may want to review all the steps, requirements, and files you need to download by clicking below:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
Thema:

1. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - series screen has

2. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  3. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  4. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  5. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  6. My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up: My Xbox series is brand new and I got it today it was working fine in the beginning but then after I got off playing Fortnite with my friends I wanted to play by myself and I turned my Xbox on and...
  7. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it: I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some YouTube videos on it and they all said the same...
  8. Has Microsoft found a fix for the flashing screen on xbox series x yet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has Microsoft found a fix for the flashing screen on xbox series x yet?: I have an Xbox series X and an LG OLED 65 inch TV. worked fine for about a year until just now. November 16 2023. Seems to only happen when use TV or movie apps. Changing my video settings does...
  9. My xbox series x has been freezing on load screens for a while, then the console makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x has been freezing on load screens for a while, then the console makes the...: This has happened a few times now, is it anything I should be concerned about? 3f942809-8bac-43c0-831e-cb0d31177e01
  10. My Xbox series s is turning on and has a black screen

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s is turning on and has a black screen: So basically I have a new Xbox and before I saw these videos of people putting there Xbox to 120fps I tried it then suddenly my Xbox turned black I’m using a monitor that I got for Christmas and...