Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

Discus and support Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The only way I get it to stop for a short period of time is by when I encounter the issue, I immediately unplug my Xbox, plug it back in, go to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ermez, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Ermez
    Ermez Guest

Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

The only way I get it to stop for a short period of time is by when I encounter the issue, I immediately unplug my Xbox, plug it back in, go to settings, and then reset my alternate Mac address. Then I will play and encounter the same issue later on.

https://imgur.com/a/uqpT24g

:)

Ermez, Jul 26, 2023
  2. xboxvet Win User

Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox and controller unsycn. What is going on???

So usually I'll notice the screen flickering first, and then my controller's xbox button is also flashing. The controller will disconnect and my xbox will freeze for a short while and then shut down or freeze and force me to force shut down (which is not good...). It has happened to me on multiple TVs. I know Im going to have to send it back but a coworker of mine had the same issue and has sent it back 3 times...It is really unacceptable.
  3. xboxvet Win User

Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox and controller unsycn. What is going on???

Update: I sent my xbox in last week. Was processed on the 11th and shipped out yesterday on the 12th. I'm hoping they just gave me a new one but we shall see...Just before I sent it, it shut off 3 times (same as initially described) and during the last time started making a whirring/machine noise.

I also tried to request a replacement from the get go but customer support said that could not be decided until the xbox was looked at (see poster from mainland china above). One option was to go over the repair request with customer service vs do it on your own on the microsoft site. I chose the latter so I could type exactly what was going on (versus have customer service do so), though there is not a whole lot of room to type everything out. I also asked about sending my controller back to but they said it would have to be a separate shipment and work order. Held of on the controller as it sounds like the xbox itself is the main issue.
  4. JOHNWHALL2 Win User

Had this issue since I received my Series X back in November. Changed settings, HDMI cable, TV, reset the console... the issue still came back, sometimes straight away, sometimes after a few weeks.

Alas, I bit the bullet and sent it off today for repair/replacement. Will see what happens.
  5. 601b25b6-2bc6-4b26-a Win User

Update: Ms support team exchanged my console by a "new one". Everything goes well for couple days, and then I experienced shut off while I'm playing Doom eternal (xgp). The shut off happens twice. I use a 4k@60 monitor, put the console to horizontal, and set the graphic to ray tracing. But today I put the console to vertically, no shut off happens, I'm ao confused :'(
  6. Onur Simsek Win User

Exact same problem. Tried to reach out to support and was advised to connect the device to a wall socket rather than a surge protector. I have no idea how that might be relevant.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox... - Similar Threads - Series Screen Flickering

2. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  3. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  4. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  5. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  6. Why is my TV screen flickering when my Xbox Series S is connected to it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my TV screen flickering when my Xbox Series S is connected to it?: So I have a Skyworth TV (supposedly 4K but only supports up to 1080p) and I have my Xbox Series S connected to it. Recently the screen has started to flicker when the Xbox is connected to it, now...
  7. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  8. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  9. Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x green flickering screen issue: Hi My Xbox one series x screen keeps flickering green and my controller disconnects and reconnects same with my headset. It normally then goes back to the green Home Screen or I have to...
  10. Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi: I loaded up fifa last night and that's when I first encounted the issue, today I've followed loads of different instructions on here telling me to reset console and other options but I'm still...