Xbox Series X - same unit repair info - order status disappeared and new xbox added?

Discus and support Xbox Series X - same unit repair info - order status disappeared and new xbox added? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone never posted here before first of all sorry for my english, i am italian and i am writing here because the italian version of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrankyDT, Dec 22, 2021.

1. FrankyDT
    FrankyDT Guest

Xbox Series X - same unit repair info - order status disappeared and new xbox added?

Hello everyone

never posted here before

first of all sorry for my english, i am italian and i am writing here because the italian version of the community seems to lack the xbox category.

I wanted to ask where i can check the status of my xbox that i sent in for repairs?

So, on december 8 i got a Xbox Series X - Halo Infinite Edition, i installed games, brought my account there etc, everything was working fine.

3 days later this new series x turned itself off after like 20 minutes of gameplay and it really smelled bad, like burned plastic.. coming from the top of the console, while the xbox button on the gamepad kept flashing.

There was nothing around it, i tried to keep it both horizontal and vertical, well ventilated, waited 1 hour and tried again to play... same results.

So i went on microsoft support website, my devices page, saw my xbox and started an order for " same unit repair ", i printed the ups shipping label and the next day i gave my console to ups.

Tracking said the console arrived in Germany on december 15, and on my devices page i could see the progress of repairs.

Now... the order disappeared on my page, if i check the status of my xbox i can only create a new support order, can't check the old one and its progress.

Also, there is another xbox now on my devices page and i don't know why.

I thought it was a mistake, but this new xbox actually has a different serial number than mine. and it says " xbox series x " not " xbox series x - halo infinite edition ".

Another thing is that i never received new emails from microsoft, only the one that confirmed my first support order and had the shipping label with it.

Before posting here i searched online for people who had the same problem and some said this: if microsoft can't fix your console they send you a new one, that is the reason for the new xbox on "my devices" page.

If that is the case i hope the new console is still a halo infinite edition one... not a black normal one, given how rare and expensive the halo one is now.

Still, it's strange that the progress of repairs disappeared and that new xbox was added without a mail or notification or something, maybe it's too soon to tell for my order, with the holidays going on etc?

Has anyone ever had a similar situation?

Thank you for your time.

:)

FrankyDT, Dec 22, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Franky welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Yes, I had a similar experience a year ago, woth the release of the Series X, exactly the same thing happened to me, the order disappeared and a new one was added, in my case all this processes took 1-2 months, but at the end everything was in order! You should contact support just to see that everything is fine, but from personal experience I can say that at the end you will have your Halo Editon console!
  3. FrankyDT Win User

Thank you for your reply

I actually got a package this morning and to my surprise it was the Series x

However it is not the one i sent but a new one, because the serial number on it is different

but it's still a halo one so everything is good!
  4. SammyVS Win User

Starting a order

The same happens to me when I try to register/open the repair order for Xbox Series X but with my other account, I can register and open the repair order normally. You can also try talking to support and see if they can create the repair order for you.
  5. Fadda23 Win User

Xbox series s not showing on tv

my xbox series x did the same thing its a defective unit sent mine back and a new one is back on its way to me
  6. StormsAndSaints Win User

Same Unit Repair - Xbox One X

Thank you. You've put my mind to rest. I'll keep you up to date.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - same unit repair info - order status disappeared and new xbox added? - Similar Threads - Series same unit

2. Elite Series 2 P1 and P2 paddles don’t work when pressed at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 P1 and P2 paddles don’t work when pressed at the same time: I have P1 bound to right stick click and P2 bound to A so I can slide hop better in TF2, and I noticed while I was playing that my A button wasn’t working correctly. So I troubleshot a bit, tried...
  3. Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time: We all know 2 externals work at the same time, but what about 2 externals & 1 ssd expansion 71ee8506-f83c-4982-84cb-3665c819bb34
  4. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?: Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not? If it is the same thing...
  5. Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...: Hello everyone, look, I want to buy a gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. That is, this is not the original gamepad. The question is, is it suitable for a split screen in any game? That is, a game for...
  6. Two xbox series x on the same game server

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two xbox series x on the same game server: This is a strange problem but we have two xbox series x on the same internet and server on Minecraft egg wars , we managed to play one game together without problems , the next one we started...
  7. How can my husband and I play our Xbox One and our new Xbox Series X at the same time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can my husband and I play our Xbox One and our new Xbox Series X at the same time...: Furthermore, we primarily play Game Pass Ultimate or Ubisoft + games which complicates matters? Ive scoured many resources and tried several things involving home xbox, family, etc to no avail....
  8. Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X: I have a very specific and annoying playback video using streaming service apps on Xbox Series X. Often when I am watching tv shows or movies on my Xbox series x through streaming services, the...
  9. Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x: I will have two consoles in my house, an xbox one and an xbox series x. If I buy a gamepass subscription on the series x, will it cover the xbox one? a914e2f1-c717-46ad-849e-0c69a6b9fe05
  10. Does the new series X use the same battery packs as Xbox s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the new series X use the same battery packs as Xbox s: Does the new series X use the same battery packs as Xbox s c1583bca-08a0-42d7-b7d4-84b92b6cd2c5