Xbox series X|S wireless controller issues on PC

Discus and support Xbox series X|S wireless controller issues on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! Earlier today when I turned my controller on for the first time in about 2 to 3 weeks, I discovered that every button other than the thumb... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Keith Mooney, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Keith Mooney
    Keith Mooney Guest

Hello!

Earlier today when I turned my controller on for the first time in about 2 to 3 weeks, I discovered that every button other than the thumb sticks(but not the clicks), triggers, and power button were no longer registering inputs, it even looks like the sync button isn't working anymore. Does anyone have an idea of why this might have happened and what I can do to try and fix it? I've already restarted my PC, turned the controller off with the power button, removed the battery, plugged the controller directly into the PC, tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, and I updated it in the Xbox Accessories app. I think I did have to sync the controller when I switched it on earlier, so maybe something went wrong there? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

:)

Keith Mooney, Aug 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Will any wireless controller work on a series s?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Xbox wireless controllers, including the latest Xbox Wireless Controllers included with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, are compatible with the Xbox Series S. In addition, some older Xbox One wireless controllers work with the Xbox Series S. As for third-party wireless controllers, the compatibility depends on the specific controller and whether it is designed to work with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Ant eSports controller you mentioned appears to be a third-party controller designed for PC gaming, and it may not be compatible with the Xbox Series S.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Will new XBOX Series X controllers work with the XBOX 360 Wireless Receiver on my PC

4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox downgrading (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-firmware-reversion) function doesn work is thair another way?

If I may ask, is this an Xbox One Wireless Controller or Xbox Series X|S Wireless controller?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How to Connect xbox 360 controller to pc with play & charge kit

Hi,

In short, you can't. Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, the 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. The Play & Charge kit simply charges the battery, it does not send data.

The only way to use an 360 wireless controller on a PC is via an Xbox 360 gaming receiver for Windows.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X|S wireless controller issues on PC - Similar Threads - series X|S wireless

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help): I just bought a second hand Series X yesterday, I was blown away when I seen it was only hitting 30-45Mb/s , while my Series S has no issue consistently holding 150-195Mb/s.. I’ve tried many...
  4. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  5. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S): About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet since then. Today, my Xbox lost connection in...
  6. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  7. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  8. Can you make the thrustmaster t248 combatable woth xbox series s and x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you make the thrustmaster t248 combatable woth xbox series s and x: I bought taxi life hoping i can use my wheel but logged onto the game and it dosent support my wheel would like to know if you were able to make the thrustmaster t248 combatable with my xbox...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  10. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....