Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage

Discus and support Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So do all Xbox X/S games have to be installed on internal drive? So does this mean that my 2 TB storage that I bought is now worthless for xbox series... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AnonymousGamer3, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage

So do all Xbox X/S games have to be installed on internal drive? So does this mean that my 2 TB storage that I bought is now worthless for xbox series x and s games? It can really be annoying when I want multiple new gen games and I won’t be able to download them because I would have no storage left. I feel like this will make many Xbox players mad/ upset.

:)

AnonymousGamer3, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage

Games that are optimized for the Series S/X will only run from the internal hard drive or the Seagate expansion card. Other forms of storage are not fast enough to run them essentially.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Your old 2TB hard drive isn't worthless, it can still be used to play non Series X optimised games. It can also be used to store Series X games you're not currently playing. Would save you needing to download/install them again.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

They already do. That is the seagate expansion card

you can move the games to the platter drive for storage.
  5. Smwutches Win User

The Seagate expansion card is an external storage device. Unfortunately, it's the only one that will work currently, but it's always possible there could be more at some point.
  6. AnonymousGamer3 Win User

Do you think it would be possible to make an external drive that could run xbox series x/s games?
Thema:

1. Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage - Similar Threads - series games aloud

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  4. Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x: I have an 8tb Seagate game drive that is 5-6 years old. I have it connected to my one x. I'm looking to upgrade to a series x and want to know if my game drive is compatible or if I will have to...
  5. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  7. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  8. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  9. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  10. Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass: Recently I have changed my background on my Xbox Series X to a custom image with a size of 4.75 mb. The max is 5 mb for a custom image to be you or background on Xbox. When launching Xbox game...