Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

Discus and support Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer. I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nakisao, May 7, 2023.

1. Nakisao
    Nakisao Guest

Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer.

I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Updates, so I'm unsure if it's the Insider or it's my headset.

I use a Xbox Series X.

Yes:

I've unplugged & plugged back in slowly

"Reset" The controller

Update the controller

Update the xbox

:)

Nakisao, May 7, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Nakisao, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to use your headset. I just want to let you know that Xbox insider builds are not stable and depending on the channel you can encounter more or less bugs

In this situation I recommend you leaving the insider program.
    Once you go back to an stable version please stay there until the insider team release a new update.

You can always report problems with Insider builds via their subreddit
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

If maybe you need to know how to leave the program please visit the link below
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro....
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hi, can you tell me what is your current OS build?
    You can know this opening Settings in the console > system and selecting console info

The most stable version is the 10.0.22621.4074 (xb_flt_2304ni.230405-2200)

And I just want to confirm, if you connect another headset the same issue occurs?
  4. Nakisao Win User

Still has a issue after unsubscribing from the Insider program, any other thoughts?

+ just confirmed it's not my headset doing it either
  5. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X - After update my controller dosen't detect any headset I plug in and there is no sound.

Hi there,

What is the specific headset you are plugging into the adapter?

Headset's, headphones, or earbuds with stereo sound will have the ability to have game audio along with chat volume that is adjusted with the adapter or in the "Audio" settings that will only appear when plugging into the 3.5mm port which you have confirmed
    was the issue with the original controller.

There are some headsets however that do not have stereo sound and are strictly only meant to chat with others, and are usually referred to as chat headsets. These tend to only have one earpiece whereas stereo headsets will have two.

If you have a stereo headset/headphones plugged into the adapter, then the chat mixer slider that is usually found in the "Audio" settings will be controlled on the adapter with the game controller icon button indicating the game audio volume and the button
    with the icon of a person indicates the chat audio volume.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in - Similar Threads - Series X|S Controller

2. Series x/s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x/s controller: I've been having what I wanna say like input delays or something cause when I go the hit the Y and A buttons sometimes it don't register that I hit it.. is it safe to say take it back were I got...
  3. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  5. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  7. Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB: I've been trying to connect my controller via usb to my Windows 11 desktop. When trying this the controller just blinks and doesn't connect. things I've tried: - 6 different type-C cables -...
  8. Xbox 360 controller remake for the series x and s

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 controller remake for the series x and s: I feel like it would be so cool for them to remake a Xbox 360 controller for the new Xbox series X and S they did it with the OG Xbox controller.. it would be so nostalgic plus it was so comfy to...
  9. Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Hello! Since this morning my Xbox Series X|S controller is not working properly. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it was working perfectly, but today suddenly stopped being recognized by my PC...
  10. Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser: I am able to use my Xbox controller with a wired connection with no problems for steam and games on steam but, whenever I try to play a game on Xbox Cloud Gaming the controller enters in inputs...