Xbox Series X requires deep reset in order to connect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Xbox Series X requires deep reset in order to connect to Wi-Fi in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I went to play some games and noticed my Xbox wasn’t connected to internet for the first time ever. Wi-Fi was working fine. Went to network setting and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/instructive-diarrhea, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X requires deep reset in order to connect to Wi-Fi

I went to play some games and noticed my Xbox wasn’t connected to internet for the first time ever. Wi-Fi was working fine. Went to network setting and no networks were visible, nor was it reading Ethernet.

Did a few basic power cycles on both the console and my router to no effect.

Did a factory reset on my Xbox and I can now see wireless networks but it still doesn’t read the Ethernet cable.

Redownloaded all of my games and woke up the next morning to check progress and all games were downloaded but the internet issue was back. No Ethernet seen and no Wi-Fi networks available. Did the whole gambit again, to no success. Did a factory reset and I can now see networks again.

What the heck?

submitted by /u/instructive-diarrhea
    [link] [comments]

/u/instructive-diarrhea, Jun 11, 2023
  2. calasp aspinall Win User

Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

If that worked would that prove that the Wi-Fi receiver in the Xbox is at fault ?

As my Xbox series x and Xbox one connect and play perfectly online via the same Wi-Fi
  3. aaron Aaron1 Win User

Why can’t I sign in on my xbox series x ?

None of these options worked, and my Xbox series x does connect to the Wi-Fi, I have a good connection. What’s next ?
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it does

Hello Stoop14mc , My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues with your Xbox Series S. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix this issue:

Check your Wi-Fi password: Make sure you're entering the correct password when trying to connect your Xbox Series S to your Wi-Fi network. You can check the password on your router or ask your Internet provider to provide you with the correct password if you have forgotten it.
    Restart your router: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and disconnect it from the power source for a few minutes. Then turn it back on and wait for it to reboot completely. Once the router is online again, try connecting your Xbox Series S to the Wi-Fi network.
    Forget Wi-Fi on Xbox: Go to the network settings on your Xbox Series S and look for the option to forget the Wi-Fi network you're trying to connect to. Then try to connect again by entering the correct password. This can help resolve incorrect authentication issues.
    Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Make sure the Xbox Series S is close enough to the router to receive a strong, stable Wi-Fi signal. If you are far from the router, the signal may be weak and cause connection problems. Try moving the Xbox Series S closer to the router and see if that fixes the issue.
    Update your router's firmware: Check if firmware updates are available for your Wi-Fi router and, if necessary, update it to the latest version. Firmware updates often fix compatibility issues and improve connection stability.
    Reset Xbox Series S network settings: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try resetting the network settings on your Xbox Series S. Go to the console's network settings and look for the option to reset settings network. Please note that this will erase any custom network settings and you will need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi connection from scratch.

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you
  5. RichieB_ Win User

Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

Hi 𝔭 𝔯 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢 𝔰 𝔰 ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Series X to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting steps, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem you're facing.
    - Are you able to connect another network connection? Like mobile hotspot or other WiFi network.
    - Are you getting an error message?

First, please ensure that your Xbox Series X is within range of your Xfinity Wi-Fi network. If it is, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your Xbox Series X and your Xfinity modem/router. This can often resolve connectivity issues.

2. Check that your Xfinity modem/router is not blocking your Xbox Series X from connecting to the Wi-Fi network. You can do this by logging into your Xfinity modem/router's settings and checking the list of connected devices. If your Xbox Series X is not listed, you may need to add it to the list of allowed devices.

3. Try connecting your Xbox Series X to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network using a wired connection. If this works, it may indicate that there is an issue with the Wi-Fi signal or settings.

Learn more: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Photonimus Win User

WiFi

If you are attempting to connect to wi-fi, you need the password for that wi-fi. If you are trying to connect to wi-fi that is not password protected, you need to have access to the modem itself, as you need to reset the modem or the xbox will not recognize
    it.
Thema:

Xbox Series X requires deep reset in order to connect to Wi-Fi

1. Xbox Series X requires deep reset in order to connect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Series requires deep

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x

in XboX Insiders
    New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x: So apparently there's another mtn dew promo going on where it only takes 350 cap codes to get a series x. I won last year's custom series x and probably average 3 a day and have several coworkers...
  4. Xbox Series X deficiency, immediate assistance required

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X deficiency, immediate assistance required: From the first day of purchase my Xbox Series X HDMI port has been faulty. The materials are cheap I know but how can you sell a deficient item for $500 then charge half the price for repairs??? I...
  5. Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.: Every time I turn on my console I have to go through the whole console setup process with the app. I’ve read similar issues in this community and here’s what I have already checked. I have the Dec...
  6. My Xbox Series X now requires multiple restarts to recognise the wired connection directly...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X now requires multiple restarts to recognise the wired connection directly...: Hi everyone, Over the last 2 weeks or so my Series X has stopped automatically connecting to my wired ethernet connection upon startup. It requires multiple restarts and full power cycles of...
  7. Why is My XBOX series X losing wifi and requires a console reset to restore it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is My XBOX series X losing wifi and requires a console reset to restore it?: My Xbox series X keeps losing the Wifi settings after being powered off. When I power it on it says no connection, then when I go to wifi settings it cannot find my wifi or any wifi connections....
  8. Would my Xbox Series X require a voltage adaptor in the UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would my Xbox Series X require a voltage adaptor in the UK: Hi I'm moving to the UK & I'm from Australia. I have a Xbox series x and was wondering if there are different voltage requirements 534a2923-e8a9-412b-b46a-3bb5a5718684
  9. On my xbox series x on nba2k23 it says i dont have the requirements to play online when i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my xbox series x on nba2k23 it says i dont have the requirements to play online when i...: On my xbox series x on nba2k23 it says i dont have the requirements to play online when i have xbox game pass ultimate and it says it includes xbox gold 97e80ee4-5200-42c4-8cea-aceb87244190
  10. I can't play my career on my Xbox series s and it says " you don't meet the requirements to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play my career on my Xbox series s and it says " you don't meet the requirements to...: I can't play 2k 23 my career dc9f1e36-09e9-4361-b104-f5e008ffa6a7