Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/blueneostang, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for…

As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally.

It is in shut down power mode, so every time I turn it on it is fresh. I can jump straight into a game, and within about 10 minutes, the Xbox will randomly shut off like it has crashed.

Or I can goof off in the menus, check my updates, use random apps, or even just turn it on and leave for 30 minutes to an hour, and nothing happens. But as soon as I jump into a game, literally any game, as I said before, shuts off in 5 to 10 minutes.

There is zero possibility of overheating, as it is on a shelf by itself, with a good foot of open air, above it, a foot away from the wall, and nothing on the other sides.

The only resolution to this issue I have not tried is a factory reset, and I’m hoping somebody here has had the same issue and successfully cured it. Hopefully without factory reset.

Any advice is appreciated, TIA!!

submitted by /u/blueneostang
    [link] [comments]

/u/blueneostang, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Shakai24 Win User

360 elite keeps shutting off

The Xbox is working with apps but with DVDs and games it heats up really fast and shuts off after about 5 or 10 minutes
  3. Francia J. Win User

Xbox series X shutting off 5 minutes after being turned on

Hi Adam2029, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize that you have to go through this, no worries I have here the series of steps that we can perform.

Kindly switch the position of your console. Also, if you can plug it in on a different wall socket that would be great.

You can also check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If none of the steps work, we may need to get the console repaired. You can create a repair order here: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...
  4. JustinBollay Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

I keep having the same issue with the series x wifi just turns off and is unable to find any network at all. I have to restart the series x and it's good for about 5 to 10 minutes then does it all over again its very frustrating
  5. SoundPeach Win User

Is the Xbox X|S unstable (bricking, crashing etc.)?

just got my series x 2 days a go and my console will randomly freeze then shut off im having texture issues with games that are enhanced and also audio issues
  6. NainaBug Win User

Xbox One Random shutdown issues

I'm experiencing the same issues. My system was working fine for the first few weeks but when I start playing it today, it keeps shutting off. Every time I'm 5 minutes into the game the system will shut off. And there would be a few times when after it shuts
    off, I will turn it back on and it will shut off a second later. It will do this like 5 times until it turns completely on. I hardly was playing my Xbox one. I probably played it 10 times since I bought it.
Thema:

Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

1. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay - Similar Threads - Series randomly shuts

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  6. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  7. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  8. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  9. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  10. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....