Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...

Discus and support Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got the Xbox series x a few days ago and 3 different times it has disconnected from wifi and when I reconnect it and put in the password, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adreann Attaway, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...

I just got the Xbox series x a few days ago and 3 different times it has disconnected from wifi and when I reconnect it and put in the password, it says to check my network name and password over and over. The first 2 times I just exited out of settings and started over and it would connect. But this third time, I've done tons of troubleshooting and it still will not connect and tells me to check network name and password. This is aggravating especially since I spent a lot of money on this console and was excited to switch from the Xbox one to the series x. This console is making me want to return it and go back to my xbox one.

:)

Adreann Attaway, Jul 12, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and password when I try to reconnect

Hi, Adreann. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue right now. Please try changing the network frequency from 2.4 GHz to 5 Ghz on your router settings and see if that sorts out the issue.

The other option would be to check if you can setup your connection to Ipv6 on your router settings.

You can also try using a wired connection to see if it still disconnects you when playing games.
  3. OohGoty Win User

wifi not working

I am having trouble getting a network connection. I am connected to the same router that all my other devices use without problems. My Xbox connects to the wifi but I can't actually load anything (I get "There's a temporary network problem." When trying to load something like gta5.) The weird thing is that Youtube works fine. (Xbox services and all multiplayer features do not work.) I have gone through all my settings and nothing is off or wrong. Don't tell me to restart my router that's not the problem. pls help me
    Same here! My Series S keeps disconnecting from my wifi randomly. Its not my router because i have my xbox one right next to my series and its having no problem connecting to my wifi.
  4. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Check the forum or just google "XBOX Series X disconnects from wifi". Tons of threads here and on reddit since the launch.

An example.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

My xbox one s disconnects from the wifi by it self

Hello Mikeylol.,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One S is getting randomly disconnected from your WiFi. We have a support article that provides troubleshooting for an

Xbox One getting randomly disconnected from your network
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    Mikeylol.!
  6. CR4ZY CM1LL4 Win User

Xbox one x WiFi disconnects constantly

It's not just with the X. I have a One S and wifi just randomly disconnects and no other device on network has this problem. I have reported it many times but no update to fix it yet.
Thema:

Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...

1. Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and... - Similar Threads - series randomly disconnects

2. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  3. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  8. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  9. Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds: Hi everybody, So I can be happily playing a game then randomly my controller will disconnect, the Xbox button will flash then about 10 seconds later it will reconnect like nothing has happened....
  10. xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox: Recently bought the new xbox series s , and randomly when playing games it will disconnect from the wifi /xbox life to then reconnect a few seconds later. If anyone has similar issues or knows a...