Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased my Xbox Series X in December, it's still under warranty. It will randomly disconnect from the network and will not connect after updating,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amelia_364, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Amelia_364
    Amelia_364 Guest

Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...

I purchased my Xbox Series X in December, it's still under warranty. It will randomly disconnect from the network and will not connect after updating, restarting, etc. The only way to get the internet to work again is if I rename my device. Is this a known issue and is this covered under warranty?

:)

Amelia_364, Aug 30, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device and restart.

Hi Amelia_364,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. Marrion_Y Win User

Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device and restart.

Hi Amelia_364,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from the network. I understand how frustrating this can be. This is not a known issue, and it is likely related to your network settings or router configuration but if deemed that this is already a hardware issue with the console, this can be covered by warranty.

Firstly, I would like to know if you're using a wired or wireless connection to connect your Xbox Series X to the network. If you're using a wireless connection, please try connecting your Xbox Series X to the network using a wired connection to see if the issue persists. This will help us determine if the issue is related to your wireless network.

If the issue persists, please try the following steps:

1. Power cycle your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the console and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning on the console.

2. Reset your network settings on your Xbox Series X by going to Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart.

3. Check your network connection on your Xbox Series X by going to Settings > Network settings > Test network connection. If you see any errors or warnings, try to resolve them by following the suggested solutions.

4. If none of the above steps help, try to update your Xbox Series X's firmware by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update available. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the update to complete. Then, restart your Xbox Series X and see if the network issue is resolved.

If issue persists, please check this page and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot the issue further: Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your Xbox Series X. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  4. CR4ZY CM1LL4 Win User

Xbox one x WiFi disconnects constantly

It's not just with the X. I have a One S and wifi just randomly disconnects and no other device on network has this problem. I have reported it many times but no update to fix it yet.
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Why does my xbox series x keep disconnecting devices randonly

Hello Ryan Sides,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X disconnecting devices randomly. This issue persists may be due to a variety of reasons such as a poor internet connection, full storage capacity, or even background apps running. Let's go ahead and check on this together to see what we can do best to help address your concerns.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions in order to better understand your concerns:

• Was this device working just fine before?
    • Is it a new Xbox Series X?
    • Were there changes applied to the device prior the issue occurred?
    • Do you see an error message when the issue occurs?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot or video about the issue we have?

In the meantime, you may go ahead and perform the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Check the cables: Make sure that all the cables connected to your Xbox Series X are securely plugged in. If any of the cables are loose, it can cause the device to disconnect randomly.

2. Update your Xbox Series X: Ensure that your Xbox Series X is running on the latest software update. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update.

3. Check the power supply: Ensure that your Xbox Series X is connected to a stable power supply. If the power supply is unstable, it can cause the device to disconnect randomly.

4. Reset your Xbox Series X: Try resetting your Xbox Series X to its default settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

5. Check for interference: Ensure that there are no other devices that may be causing interference with your Xbox Series X. Other wireless devices such as routers, phones, and other gaming consoles can cause interference.

For additional steps, you may check the following:

For a wired connection use: Troubleshoot a wired network connection

For a wireless connection use: Troubleshoot a wireless network connection

I hope this information helps you with the issue for your Xbox Series X disconnecting devices randomly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Dave_6505+ Win User

Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from wifi when i power it off.

I have the same exact problem - just started randomly happening about 3 months ago. Randomly when I power my Series X off it will disconnect from the known router address and I have to keep setting up a network over and over upon launching it the next time. Then it will be fine for a few weeks and out of the blue rinse and repeat.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device... - Similar Threads - Series randomly disconnects

2. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  3. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  8. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  9. Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds: Hi everybody, So I can be happily playing a game then randomly my controller will disconnect, the Xbox button will flash then about 10 seconds later it will reconnect like nothing has happened....
  10. xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox: Recently bought the new xbox series s , and randomly when playing games it will disconnect from the wifi /xbox life to then reconnect a few seconds later. If anyone has similar issues or knows a...