Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from Wired Connection to Router

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from Wired Connection to Router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Recently purchased a Series X and after setting up via a Wired Connection, system randomly disconnects. Restarted the system and the router which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rainer R21, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Rainer R21
    Rainer R21 Guest

Hi. Recently purchased a Series X and after setting up via a Wired Connection, system randomly disconnects. Restarted the system and the router which temporarily solved the problem but after a while the system disconnects. Tried unplugging all cables from the system temporarily solves the problem. Tested LAN cable with other devices and no issues. Tried wireless connection which worked with no issues. Can anyone assist?

:)

Rainer R21, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your Xbox having wired connection issues.

This could potentially be a hardware or software problem if the connection works on other devices other than the Xbox console. But we can try doing some steps.

Since you have done doing a power cycle,

Let's refresh the console and see if this can help.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If that does not help, try using a different cable just to isolate more of the problem.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Why is my xbox series x upnp not successful

> but is says the routers wan ip is unknown.

Is this shown as a message or error somewhere? If so is it on the Xbox itself or the router settings?

Is your Series X connected wirelessly or wired? Does the issue persist if you disconnect your Xbox One S from the network?
  4. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

Disconnecting from Xbox live every 10 minutes

Is the modem or router near metal? If it is try moving it away from any sort of metal. Wireless tends to disconnect randomly so i would stick with wired. If you connected to a router, connect it directly to the modem.
  5. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

Why does my xbox series x keep disconnecting devices randonly

Hello Ryan Sides,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X disconnecting devices randomly. This issue persists may be due to a variety of reasons such as a poor internet connection, full storage capacity, or even background apps running. Let's go ahead and check on this together to see what we can do best to help address your concerns.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions in order to better understand your concerns:

• Was this device working just fine before?
    • Is it a new Xbox Series X?
    • Were there changes applied to the device prior the issue occurred?
    • Do you see an error message when the issue occurs?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot or video about the issue we have?

In the meantime, you may go ahead and perform the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Check the cables: Make sure that all the cables connected to your Xbox Series X are securely plugged in. If any of the cables are loose, it can cause the device to disconnect randomly.

2. Update your Xbox Series X: Ensure that your Xbox Series X is running on the latest software update. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update.

3. Check the power supply: Ensure that your Xbox Series X is connected to a stable power supply. If the power supply is unstable, it can cause the device to disconnect randomly.

4. Reset your Xbox Series X: Try resetting your Xbox Series X to its default settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

5. Check for interference: Ensure that there are no other devices that may be causing interference with your Xbox Series X. Other wireless devices such as routers, phones, and other gaming consoles can cause interference.

For additional steps, you may check the following:

For a wired connection use: Troubleshoot a wired network connection

For a wireless connection use: Troubleshoot a wireless network connection

I hope this information helps you with the issue for your Xbox Series X disconnecting devices randomly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from Wired Connection to Router - Similar Threads - Series randomly disconnecting

2. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  3. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  8. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  9. Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds: Hi everybody, So I can be happily playing a game then randomly my controller will disconnect, the Xbox button will flash then about 10 seconds later it will reconnect like nothing has happened....
  10. xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox: Recently bought the new xbox series s , and randomly when playing games it will disconnect from the wifi /xbox life to then reconnect a few seconds later. If anyone has similar issues or knows a...