Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working

Discus and support Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Hyper X headset plugged directly into the controller. It works perfectly fine when using game chat, but I can't hear audio from other members... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RockyRoche24, Dec 16, 2020.

1. RockyRoche24
    RockyRoche24 Guest

I have a Hyper X headset plugged directly into the controller. It works perfectly fine when using game chat, but I can't hear audio from other members while in party chat but they can hear me. Is there a fix for this?

:)

RockyRoche24, Dec 16, 2020
  2. FITSMAN PWR GRC Win User

Audio messages(I can't hear them when run games)

When i talk audio message i mean AUDIO MESSAGE NOT PARTY CHAT.

Party chat is not message.

And when i power on my console series x and previews xbox consoles(For example xbox one s) when i am at menu the audio messages work fine i can hear them normally but when i run any game(EXCEPT FOTZA HORIZON 5) any audio message send or receive i CAN'T listen it.
  3. MM5510 Win User

Blue Yeti mic on Xbox Series X?

Hashbrown, I have the same setup with my xbox series X, do you have any issues with party chat and game volumes or echoing in the party chat? Do you have any idea if I can alter audio settings for the mic through my computer?
  4. CarTzy Win User

does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox Series X?

Hello JoeDaddy89,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know if your Twitch stream still picks up party audio when you switch party to in-game chat on Xbox Series X. This is a good question and I will try to help you with it.

The answer depends on how you are streaming your gameplay. If you are using the Twitch app on your Xbox Series X, then your stream will only pick up the audio from the chat channel that you are currently in. So, if you switch from party chat to in-game chat, your stream will also switch to in-game chat audio. However, if you are using a capture card or a PC to stream your gameplay, then you may have more options to control the audio sources. For example, some capture cards have separate audio inputs for game sound and chat sound, so you can choose which one to include in your stream. Similarly, some streaming software on PC have audio mixer features that allow you to adjust the volume or mute different audio sources.

I hope this information was helpful and answered your question. If you have any other questions or issues, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and happy gaming!
  5. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Audio problems. Nothing seems to fix it.

Hello Holly L, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing audio problems in Tom Clancy's The Division, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Ensure that both you and your friend have the correct audio settings enabled for Xbox Party Chat. On the Xbox Series X, go to the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller, navigate to the party tab, and check the party chat settings. Make sure the audio settings are set to "Headset & Speakers" or "Headset Only" to ensure that you can hear each other.

2. Confirm that your headsets are fully compatible with the Xbox Series X. While they may have worked fine previously, it's possible that they may have compatibility issues with the new console. Check the manufacturer's website or product documentation to ensure that the headsets are compatible with the Xbox Series X and that any required firmware updates have been installed.

3. Try different headset configurations to isolate the issue. For example, you can try connecting your headset directly to the Xbox controller instead of using wireless functionality or vice versa. Additionally, you can try using a different pair of headsets to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your headsets or the Xbox Series X.

4. Perform a full power cycle of the Xbox Series X. Hold down the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it fully shuts down. Afterward, unplug the power cord from the back of the console, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cord and turn on the Xbox again. This can help clear any temporary software glitches that may be affecting the audio.

5. Ensure that both you and your friend have stable and reliable internet connections. Poor network connectivity can sometimes cause issues with voice chat. Consider running a network connection test on the Xbox Series X to check for any potential issues.

6. Try testing the voice chat functionality with other games or apps on the Xbox Series X. This can help determine if the problem is specific to Tom Clancy's The Division or if it's a broader issue with the console or headsets.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working - Similar Threads - Series Party Chat

2. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  5. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  6. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  7. I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...: Is there a setting to activate and deactivate party chat text chat to show up on your screen? Because it no longer does that for me. 72daa0c9-c1bb-4e37-8c31-8630f0786e53
  8. I can’t hear any sou d other then party chat and in game party chat on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t hear any sou d other then party chat and in game party chat on my xbox series s: For some reason i can’t hear any sound, i have tried everything, audio setting, chat mixer, unplugging and plugging my headset back in, tried different controller to plug into but i still can’t...
  9. Recording time and recoding party chat on Series X or S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recording time and recoding party chat on Series X or S: Seriously Microsoft! This is not acceptable to record only the last 1 minutes or the last 3 minutes of what happened in a game on the series x or s! On ps5 we can record the last 60 minutes!...
  10. Xbox series x mic works in party chat but not in game warzone 2.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x mic works in party chat but not in game warzone 2.0: Hi all, having issues with in game chat with one of my friends, I can hear my other friends in the game chat except one person. Works in xbox party chat but not in game. Not really sure what to...