xbox series x out of video memory

Discus and support xbox series x out of video memory in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been getting something about video memory full this on pop up which then crashes game. It does it on sword and fairy together forever this is the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goggs25, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Goggs25
    Goggs25 Guest

Been getting something about video memory full this on pop up which then crashes game. It does it on sword and fairy together forever this is the second game it does it on can't remember the first game it done it on.

:)

Goggs25, Jan 31, 2024
  2. Masterman360 Win User

Xbox Series X

I keep seeing all these specifications but cannot find one specific specification. What is the video memory of the GPU for Xbox Series X? It says 12 teraflops, but it should be represented in gigabytes. The Xbox One X for example has a GPU video
    memory of 12 GB and 8 GB of RAM. Do the developers not realize that video memory is different than RAM?
    Hey, this is a great question! So, Teraflops is the processing speed of the device. To give an example - the Xbox One Scorpion has 6 Teraflops of processing power. A computer has a CPU (Central Processing Unit) Graphics Cards have their own GPU chip which
    does all the work.

Graphics cards normally come with their own Dedicated RAM which we always see as GB - but this system is different and does not use Dedicated RAM for the graphics.

In the specs break down every part in states that the Xbox Series X uses 16 GB combined in DDR RAM.

In short, the CPU and GPU are their own Parts and the RAM is shared by the two. Here is a link for the specifications if this makes more sense.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-inside-xbox-series-x-full-specs
  3. AlexanderYah Win User

Out of video memory

I posted this on the wrong account but the point stands.

My main gt is Espiring
  4. SassieCassie Win User

Xbox Series S - Out-of-Video-Memory Crashes

Hi!

If this issue your having is legitimately the Xbox running out of VRAM, I'm sorry to say there's nothing you can really do. What I would do is make sure everything is updated. Since VRAM cant be upgraded on an Xbox you would need to buy a higher end Xbox
    or just a new one. Sorry that I'm not much help. but if you would like to keep pursuing answers here's a link to Microsoft support agents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Reddit could also be a good place to look!

Have a good day!
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox Series S - Out-of-Video-Memory Crashes

"Xbox Series S repeatedly crash while playing two games: Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Control (particularly Control)."

Just to clarify, do you have two games running at the same time or issue happens when you have one or the other game running on the console?
  6. Chris Priddy Win User

Have new Xbox X series, trying to transfer Skyrim saves from Xbox one

Hi Kris

Thank you for the email. The x series is brand new with 1 tb of memory. I do not have anything running. I think the trouble is coming from my Xbox one. I cannot seem to figure out the transfer of my Skyrim saves to the X series. I used YouTube for help and Reddit. I get the error code 8x…..03 that says their is a memory issue

Thanks

Chris
Thema:

1. xbox series x out of video memory - Similar Threads - series video memory

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  5. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  6. Edge having issues with video (ASA Xbox Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Edge having issues with video (ASA Xbox Series X): Edge is having performance issues lately in general on boot up and on general sites. On video its very bad video tends to become "framey" and makes a lot of content unwatchable works fine on other...
  7. I am a unboxing youtuber I want to be sponsored by xbox for a series x or s unboxing video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am a unboxing youtuber I want to be sponsored by xbox for a series x or s unboxing video...: I want a xbox series x or s for free to unbox and review on my YouTube channel. I won't Charge xbox money. All I want is the console. e7347d2c-b917-48b7-9e81-5df9c4509755
  8. My Xbox series s was unplugged now I don’t get video

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s was unplugged now I don’t get video: It still turns on but it’s on were I have to choose my account and my controllers don’t connect and I can’t get any video 9ac69d6a-fbde-4d0f-80fb-9cd979a2d826
  9. Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos: Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? The audio pops and crackles intermittently throughout any 4k video when viewing YouTube. This issue is on a wired headset plugged into the controller. It...
  10. Out of video memory crash (Xbox Series S/X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Out of video memory crash (Xbox Series S/X): I am posting this discussion because I saw a bunch of closed threads with no real answer so I couldn't post an answer on there. The main reason this happens is because the game devs (it happens...