Xbox Series X not saving OR syncing data

Discus and support Xbox Series X not saving OR syncing data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know this has been asked before but those threads have been locked and no answers were given. My Xbox Series X has not saved to my console or the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brian J5, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Brian J5
    Brian J5 Guest

I know this has been asked before but those threads have been locked and no answers were given.

My Xbox Series X has not saved to my console or the cloud in 3 days. I know a ton of people are having syncing problems lately, which Microsoft really needs to address ASAP,, but the fact it’s not saving to the console or cloud is very concerning. When I start up a game, the dialog pops up, “Which one do you want to use?” Console or cloud data. Neither have been updated since September 17 (today is September 20) and I’ve been playing Starfield daily. I’ve tried all other recommendations like doing a hard reboot, unplugging the Xbox etc. my internet connection is 100% so you can’t blame that either.

Any help is appreciated because I really don’t want to lose my saved game data.

:)

Brian J5, Sep 21, 2023
  2. Fay Fay Win User

Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

Kathy,

3. Try manually syncing your saved games by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" section of Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. From there, select "Saved Data" and then "Sync Now."

all I can see is delete all and delete, or clear

are you sure this Sync now is available in xbox x??? or is just my xbox x dont have this function

thanks!
  3. Smwutches Win User

How do I transfer my data from my Xbox 360 to a Series X if my 360 does not start?

Your saved data would need to be stored on the cloud in order to move it to the Series X. If you had that set up before your console went out, then the games will sync the data when you start them on the Series X. Otherwise, you'd need to be able to sign into the console to enable cloud saves unfortunately.
  4. Ringlercorp Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

This moderator is clearly copying and pasting old data from the Xbox One days. This troubleshoot doesn’t work on Xbox Series X or S consoles.

“Cloud saved games” isn’t an option anymore.

I can’t find how to force a cloud sync. I can’t play Starfield on my other console in another room because the data won’t sync.

What’s the point of cloud saving if it doesn’t actually save???
  5. Keven ducharme Win User

Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

same here. 2 times this week that i lost a couple of hours of play. on my pc all is ok is ok but when i sync data on my xbox serie X there is missing a few hours of play. i do log out on my xbox and log in then sync data when i open back the game and it still is not sync right
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Brian J5,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Getting this message 'your console has newer or different locally saved data than what’s saved in the cloud' would mean that there is another game saved data for the game. Selecting the oldest one would mean that you will retrieved the data since you started the game and lose those that were created during few days of playing. However, it seems that what you are describing is a bug because we have noticed some players are reporting the same error. Help us report the problem by using Report a problem app in your Console. This will be a way of letting our engineers know the problem and the data will be used in their investigation and expect for a patch on the next future updates. See: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

To help us understand how does the save system work in Starfield, allow us to share the official article provided by the game developer. See the information below:

• Save Early and Save Often!

Starfield creates several autosaves of your progress by default, this will usually occur when changing location in-game. You will also have several autosave options available under Settings>Gameplay.
      • Save on Rest: Enables autosaving on sleeping.
      • Save on Wait: Enables autosaving on waiting
      • Save on Travel: Enables autosaving on fast travel
      • Save on Pause: Enables an autosave when pausing the game after the specified time.
      You may also save manually.
      • Quicksave: Allows you to quickly save your current file and go back to the game. This file will be overwritten whenever you perform another quicksave.
      • Save: Allows you to save a new file or save over an existing file. Saving this way keeps progression in a dedicated location that can be reaccessed repeatedly. This option is useful if you're unsure about a decision you are about to make in-game.
      To manually save or load a save file, press the [Menu] button on an Xbox controller twice, or the [Esc] key on a keyboard to access the pause menu.
    You can find the link here: How does the save system work in Starfield? - Bethesda Support

We thank you for bringing this concern here and glad to provide information related to your concern.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not saving OR syncing data - Similar Threads - Series saving syncing

2. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  3. Cannot sign in and cannot sync 360 save games on series x for weeks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in and cannot sync 360 save games on series x for weeks: I have confirmed my network is fine, i cleared the 360 cache and now it wont even pull down save games from MS cloud. It wont allow me to sign in to 360 live services. This all started when my 2...
  4. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  5. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  6. Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC: I have Oblivion save files from my 360 days that cloud saved and loaded onto my series X. That was great. I have read that I can use these save files on the PC version of the game through the xbox...
  7. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  8. I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...: This is very specific problem I seem to be having so please bear with me. I'm trying to transfer my Skyrim saves from Xbox one s to Xbox series x but apparently it can't connect my Skyrim saves...
  9. Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC: Hi, So I have Starfield installed on both my PC and Xbox console. When I play on of my Xbox however my latest save is not there when I try to play on PC...I get the following message: another...
  10. Sync Problem: Game Saves not synced between Xbox One and Xbox Series S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sync Problem: Game Saves not synced between Xbox One and Xbox Series S: Hi, I have the Game Pass and with it I got the Game "Medieval Dynasty" installed on 2 Devices Xbox One and Xbox Series S. My wife now played the Game on Xbox One, but the Game Saves are not...