Xbox series X not registering video and refresh rates with MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor

Discus and support Xbox series X not registering video and refresh rates with MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a xbox series x and im having trouble with allowing 4k and high refresh rates. I am trying to use a MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C0OLDUG27, Mar 23, 2021.

1. C0OLDUG27
    C0OLDUG27 Guest

Xbox series X not registering video and refresh rates with MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor

I just got a xbox series x and im having trouble with allowing 4k and high refresh rates. I am trying to use a MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor with the console, but its failing to recognise it as 4k compatible, along with saying it doesnt allow 50hz. I have gone through the troubleshooting steps in the help app to no avail, I am also using the HDMI that came with the series x. Please help

:)

C0OLDUG27, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Icares974 Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

Hi ! Do you know if Xbox series X will support and run in 1440p/120hz with a MSI Optix MAG27CQ ?

Thanks for your help :)
  3. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Best Automatically Compatible Xbox One X 120Hz Freesync Monitors With 1MS Response Time?

OPTIX MAG321CURV MSI, Fantastic monitor the top of the range, but very expensive
  4. WPAK Win User

Any monitors that work on Xbox One X @ 1440p, 120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit), over HDMI 2

5. Jordan Jovani Win User

Input delay on xbox series x

I have used a msi monitor too a optix mpg27cq but i have the same problem
  6. MichaelHeidelberg Win User

Microsoft- 1440p 120Hz not working!?

I Have tried these steps with no resolution to the problem.

1. Factory Reset x 2

2. HDMI 2.0 Cable x 4 capable cables

3. HDMI 2.1 Cable capable of 48gbps

4. Enabled 4K through Xbox menu. (Unable to upscale as it wont allow 4K 60hz or 50hz, but will allow 24hz).

5. Every possible menu combination through display.

Findings

1. Will display 1440p @ 60hz and variable refresh on.

2. Will display 1080p at 120hz, but not simultaneously with variable refresh on.

3. Can select 4K, but only at 24hz.

4. Monitor will accept 1440p 120hz through all mentioned cables from GTX 1080Ti on my PC.

5. Can not increase reduce monitors refresh rate through monitors settings.

Equipment

1. Xbox One X with latest firmware update.

2. MSI Optix MAG27CQ 1440p 144hz VA Panel

Conclusion

1. The Xbox is the issue. The Xbox does not recognize the monitors refresh rate correctly.

2. Microsoft needs to address this in two ways.

1. Informing the consumers about the issue. Its common enough and microsoft has not gone public to the consumers.

2. Find a resolution to the issue and include it in an update.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X not registering video and refresh rates with MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor - Similar Threads - series registering video

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt: As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from...
  6. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  7. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number: I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is...
  8. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller: I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my...
  9. Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2: Whenever I press the left thumb stick it clicks but it doesn’t register in games or the Xbox app lab I’ve tried everything but nothing works what do I do? 80bd4762-7125-49fa-acfc-fc71a86f9c41
  10. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...