Xbox Series X not receiving system chat messages

Discus and support Xbox Series X not receiving system chat messages in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox series X, cannot (will not) receive new system chat messages. I can send new messages but they still will not appear in the chat area on Xbox or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Karina Horn, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Karina Horn
    Karina Horn Guest

Xbox series X, cannot (will not) receive new system chat messages. I can send new messages but they still will not appear in the chat area on Xbox or app. Friends can send messages and it says they delivered but I do not receive them or any notifications on Xbox or app. I have checked all settings and Xbox is up to date. Please help!

:)

Karina Horn, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Go to your network settings and in advanced options change the DNS to primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

Remove your account from the console

Press and hold the power button on the console until the Xbox turns off completely.

When the indicator lights on the front panel of the Xbox turn off, unplug the power cord from the back of the Xbox.

Wait at least 30 seconds.

Reconnect the Xbox console and turn it back on.

Re-enter your account and test if the error persists.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. FITSMAN PWR GRC Win User

Audio messages(I can't hear them when run games)

When i talk audio message i mean AUDIO MESSAGE NOT PARTY CHAT.

Party chat is not message.

And when i power on my console series x and previews xbox consoles(For example xbox one s) when i am at menu the audio messages work fine i can hear them normally but when i run any game(EXCEPT FOTZA HORIZON 5) any audio message send or receive i CAN'T listen it.
  4. cpt sheridan Win User

Forza Horizon 4 won't connect to online session, but does connect to The Trial and Playground games

I don't know if these server problems are related to the updates they do for the game.

I remember not long after I installed the game on my Xbox series x last year it received an update a day or 2 later and I started getting a server error message on my Xbox series x yet on my Xbox one x the game played fine without an error message.
  5. Cedrick_WinLSC Win User

Update issue: will not be installed

Dear all, after chat with support I received a very quick solution:

1) Go to "Settings" / "System" / "Storage" and clean system cache three times

2) Go to "Settings" / "System" / "Storage" and highlight harddisk (if not installed use "memory unit") - do not select it

3) Press LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X - afterwards a message will appear, please confirm it

4) XBOX will restart and will now be able to install the update
  6. BuckedPark36050 Win User

I cant get my game chat to work at all ! on any game .. tried everything .. power on/off , hard reset, NAT says open .. etc.. driving me crazy

It is an Xbox series x,

Definitely not banned, new to X box and the chat hasn’t worked since I received it 3 months ago.

Love the system, just want to have chat for Supercross 5 etc..

I have done that type of reset in the past .. I have messed around with my router and the NAT port etc.. now it went from moderate to open ..

Maybe I will try that reset again..

I don’t let my son use chat.. I even took his account off to see if that was confusing the chat setting ..
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not receiving system chat messages - Similar Threads - Series receiving system

2. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  5. if i purchase a xbox series x today will i receive the latest model from microsoft and by...

in XBoX on Windows
    if i purchase a xbox series x today will i receive the latest model from microsoft and by...: if i purchase a xbox series x today from microsoft will i receive the latest model from microsoft and also by purchasing it from microsoft be the best way to insure this?...
  6. I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...: I sent a red elite series 2 controller in for repair in the original box and received the controller in a brown standard box which is not the original box I sent it in....
  7. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  8. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  9. shipping label not received for device repair request - series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    shipping label not received for device repair request - series x: I have not received any shipping label after 24 hours of raising device repair request. how long it takes to get the shipping label ? I have checked spam and all other folders already....
  10. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?: Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was...