Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

Discus and support Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eric333333, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Eric333333
    Eric333333 Guest

My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and set the disc to Atmos audio, my receiver says it is getting Dolby True HD. I have tried with Audio Passthrough on and off, but it did not make any difference. Is this a bug or another limitation of the Xbox's disc player, like how it won't play in Dolby Vision?

:)

Eric333333, Nov 21, 2023
  2. LEE DIO Win User

To Microsoft on ideas for Xbox: Project Scorpio:)

i think you guys must add on xbox scorpio , 4k hdr bluray player, dolby atmos, dts x, sound
  3. The_Rebel_Dons Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have the same problem on Xbox X and XBox One. I’m using the Denon AVR-X 2700H 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the XBox X, and the Yamaha RXV-6A 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the Xbox One. Both receivers were working normally outputting Atmos on Netflix until November 2022. Disney+ and Amazon Prime play Atmos content on both devices without issue, hence indicating that the problem is not with the 4K TV and 4K projector, nor receivers.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Atmos is simply a container that adds 3-D spatial information to true HD or dolby digital. If you're streaming you're getting dolby digital. The patent on AC3 was expiring and this was a way they could extend it. if you don't have the Dolby access app that enables Atmos decoding and implementation, all you get is the base 5.1 audio stream

Dolby Vision implementation on the player requires a great deal more than flipping a switch. It requires a great deal of processing power as well as specialized algorithms. one of the reasons why most TV manufacturers didn't support it until they came out with the less intensive version, is because the electronics and licenses were so expensive.

You need to purchase and download the Dolby access app which enables the Atmos codec and processing.

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/dolby-access/9N0866FS04W8?hl=en-us&gl=US
  5. Eric333333 Win User

I'm not asking the Xbox to decode the Atmos in any way. I just want it to stream the signal from the disc to my receiver, which will do the decoding, so the Xbox should not even need any kind of a Dolby license, unless their license agreement is really unfair.

Also, the Xbox Dolby Access app only allows purchasing a license for headphone connections. The HDMI connection to my receiver is definitely not a headphone connection.

Oddly enough, there are demos on the Dolby Access app. They output Dolby Vision picture, but the audio comes out as Dolby Digital 5.1 when it is a demo for Dolby Atmos. There is something very wrong with the way Atmos is handled on the Xbox.
  6. Luke941 Win User

4K Blu-ray playback

I do know about the gaming part. I was asking the question if the Xbox Series X could have the Dolby Vision added into the BluRay app so, that 4K BluRay movies can enjoy Dolby Vision as well.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays - Similar Threads - Series outputting Dolby

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.: The HDMI output has stopped working on my Series X. Looks like the far side of the HDMI is broken. I have moved this console one time since setting up, seems to be a manufacturing defect. Is there...
  8. Series X grey screen/ no output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X grey screen/ no output: My Series X has had repeated warranty returns for video output failure, when I switch it on it just shows a grey screen with a pink line down the centre, I only got it back from repair last week...
  9. Remote Play Xbox Series S causing rapid outputs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play Xbox Series S causing rapid outputs: I'm trying to live stream Fortnite with remote play with Windows PC on Xbox Series S and when trying it causes a very rapid movements and glitches with speed. Both devices are on same network and...
  10. Series X will not output 4k120

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X will not output 4k120: Worked fine with last TV Q90T 4k120+VRR on stock series X cable. Now using a QN95B and all 4 HDMI ports are 2.1 Spec but no matter what settings using cannot get it into 4k120, the details screen...