Xbox series x not loading/reading discs

Discus and support Xbox series x not loading/reading discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series x is no longer reading/loading or installing games. I recently bought COD M3 and inserted it in the box heard some whirling noises and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Allan Co, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Allan Co
    Allan Co Guest

My xbox series x is no longer reading/loading or installing games. I recently bought COD M3 and inserted it in the box heard some whirling noises and nothing happened. So put in COD vanguard which was already installed and got insert disc we need to read licence . No joy. Discs are clean. Is the laser broke or need cleaned or am i banjaxed

In addition is there such a thing as a laser cleaning disc for xbox series x or how do i book a repair. Thanks

:)

Allan Co, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  3. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

You're welcome and I appreciate the response, Allan!

That is correct. I do believe your console needs a repair since all discs are not working, this is definitely a hardware issue and the disc drive of your console needs to be checked.

I hope this information helps!

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Allan Co Win User

Hi Allan! I'm more than happy to help you! I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X disc drive. No worries, let me help you sort this out. Unfortunately, we do not recommend self-repair here in the forum. Based on the description you provided, nothing to worry! You can check your free warranty repair order for your Xbox Series X console by signing your account and registering your console serial number using the link below: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Best Regards, Darhyl
    Many thanks. Unfortunately the Xbox warranty ran out february of this year. Fortunately i have it insured. Do you think from what limited information i have submitted that it would need to be repaired ? Thanks again
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Allan! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X disc drive. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Unfortunately, we do not recommend self-repair here in the forum.

Based on the description you provided, nothing to worry! You can check your free warranty repair order for your Xbox Series X console by signing your account and registering your console serial number using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. Xbox series x not loading/reading discs - Similar Threads - series loading reading

2. my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s: i cant load fortnite as when i turn it on it gets stuck on connecting screen and when i go in game aftrer 45 minutes it gets stuck loading in and out of the game like what the heck is this........
  3. My Xbox series s is struggling to load anything when I have 200 mbs of download and 150 mbs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is struggling to load anything when I have 200 mbs of download and 150 mbs...: I’ve hard reset the Xbox, reset my network, loggged in and out of my account. Unplugged the Xbox I’ve done everything I can do cd41b382-cc95-4c39-8a8e-7ff69177439c
  4. How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?: How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x? 17b577b5-09a1-4bb2-a43c-410e7f771907
  5. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  6. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  7. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  8. Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings: Why won't anything load on my Xbox series S not even settings. cb33fe2b-c145-46a1-ae30-9489e942a2fe
  9. I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...: l loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in the game. I can only aim and shoot. a918d987-b2ee-45b5-ba56-114e2546d669
  10. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...