Xbox Series X not connecting to router but to hotspot

Discus and support Xbox Series X not connecting to router but to hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had my xbox series x for a almost 2 years, and the warranty has gone out so i hope it can be fixed internally. It won’t connect to my router... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsHvdes, Nov 27, 2023.

1. ItsHvdes
    ItsHvdes Guest

I’ve had my xbox series x for a almost 2 years, and the warranty has gone out so i hope it can be fixed internally. It won’t connect to my router wirelessly but it will connect to my phone’s hotspot, I’ve done the Qos Tagging thing, Reset my xbox and kept games and apps, I’ve cleared my ALT MAC address and the only thing I haven’t done yet is change the DNS. Please someone help

:)

ItsHvdes, Nov 27, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello ItsHvdes,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X not connecting to your router wirelessly, but it is connecting to your phone's hotspot. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you have already taken, it seems like the issue may be related to your router's settings. However, before jumping to conclusions, I would like to ask you a few questions to further isolate the issue:

1. Have you tried using a wired connection to see if it works?

2. Have you tried resetting your router to its default settings and then attempting to connect your Xbox Series X to it again?

In the meantime, I recommend you try the following steps:

1. Try changing the DNS settings on your Xbox Series X. Go to Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS settings. Change the DNS settings to manual and enter the following values: Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8, Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.

2. Try disabling IPv6 on your router. Some routers have issues with IPv6 and disabling it can help resolve connectivity issues.

3. Try connecting your Xbox Series X to your router using an Ethernet cable. This will provide a more stable and reliable connection.

I hope this helps! We're looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Daronte Williams Win User

Why won't my hotspot work on my Xbox, it connected once them after a few months it stopped, I can connect it but I can't play any games

I have Xbox series x and I'm using a mobile hotspot and it only happens when I connect it to this hotspot. I've tried resetting my game and my phone
  4. PlayerXXX Win User

Xbox 360 Error Code 80151103

This is not a hardware related issue. My profile cannot connect on any X360 game from any of my Xboxes (Xbox Series X, Xbox One X, Xbox 360).

Ive done most of the fixes here. It seems I can connect via my Hotspot so weirdly must be an ISP or router issue. I need to figure out how to port forward, maybe that will solve it.
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

My Xbox Series X will not connect to my phone hotspot

Hello UnloosedSkink48,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Series X to your Google Pixel 6 hotspot. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Restart your Xbox Series X and your Google Pixel 6.

2. Make sure that your Google Pixel 6 hotspot is turned on and that it is discoverable by other devices.

3. Check that your Xbox Series X is within range of your Google Pixel 6 hotspot.

4. Try forgetting the network on your Xbox Series X and then reconnecting to it.

5. Check that your Google Pixel 6 hotspot is set to allow other devices to connect to it.

6. Try changing the security settings on your Google Pixel 6 hotspot to WPA or WEP and see if that helps.

7. If none of the above steps work, try contacting Xbox support for further assistance.

If you continue to experience issues, please let me know and I can assist you further.

YanYannn
  6. RichieB_ Win User

Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

Hi 𝔭 𝔯 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢 𝔰 𝔰 ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Series X to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting steps, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem you're facing.
    - Are you able to connect another network connection? Like mobile hotspot or other WiFi network.
    - Are you getting an error message?

First, please ensure that your Xbox Series X is within range of your Xfinity Wi-Fi network. If it is, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your Xbox Series X and your Xfinity modem/router. This can often resolve connectivity issues.

2. Check that your Xfinity modem/router is not blocking your Xbox Series X from connecting to the Wi-Fi network. You can do this by logging into your Xfinity modem/router's settings and checking the list of connected devices. If your Xbox Series X is not listed, you may need to add it to the list of allowed devices.

3. Try connecting your Xbox Series X to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network using a wired connection. If this works, it may indicate that there is an issue with the Wi-Fi signal or settings.

Learn more: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not connecting to router but to hotspot - Similar Threads - Series connecting router

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  8. Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router: I've just changed my ISP & router & I'm having difficulty connecting to Internet, NAT type is allover the place, tried changing upnp settings with no joy, are there any other setting that need...
  9. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  10. Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from Wired Connection to Router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from Wired Connection to Router: Hi. Recently purchased a Series X and after setting up via a Wired Connection, system randomly disconnects. Restarted the system and the router which temporarily solved the problem but after a...