XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as...

Discus and support XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good day! So i have a problem, my XBOX Series X is not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as capture location. It is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Martin Matyugovich, Apr 9, 2021.

1. XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as...

Good day! So i have a problem, my XBOX Series X is not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as capture location. It is showing me error message 0x80bf003b and saying that the drive is too slow. The flash drive is formatted in NTFS with a 4KB cluster size. When testing in Windows 10 with CrystalDiskMark the drives speed is around 180 MB/S read and 50 MB/S write. The drive is working in USB 3.0 mode on my PC (my PC doesnt no support USB 3.1, 3.2). So the flash drive meets all of XBOX requirements.

:)

Martin Matyugovich, Apr 9, 2021
  2. TensaZangetse32 Win User

Storage options

Google has a different answer the Kingston has max for storage is 1T

DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 is the world's largest-capacity USB 3.0 Flash drive as it will be available in a 1TB capacity later in Q1. It is shipping now in 512GB capacity. DT HyperX Predator 3.0 is the fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive in the Kingston® family,
    with speeds of up to 240MB/s read and 160MB/s write.
  3. problema inbox abrir Win User

Kingston DataTraveler G3 16GB not seen by XBOX 360 S

I have the same problem with a recently bought Kingston DataTraveler 100 were the Xbox just doesnt read it, is ther a way we can configure the USB so it can be used in the Xbox 360
  4. VEKTER303 Win User

Samsung T7 cannot be formatted in Series X

My mistake, the cable that I have working is USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 or 3.2 Gen 1x1 - they are all the same performance (I have just spent about 30 mins wrestling the interweb about USB standards :)

It appears the Series X has USB 3.0 also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 or 3.2 Gen 1x1 ports. It is made more complicated the USB protocols seem to change their names.

https://www.kingston.com/unitedkingdom/en/usb-flash-drives/usb-30

As you say this seems to explain the issue...

In any case the newest generation USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 (USB 3.1 Gen 2) isn't supported on Series X and that appears to be the issue with the T7 drive cable. This still means that the XBox Series X ports can handle transfer speeds of 5Gbps and with the Samsung T7 running 1Gbps there is no limitation using older generation USB.

Thanks for your responses :)
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

External USB hard drive size limit on Xbox series x?

Hello JK2010M, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Both the Xbox Series X and S support external USB drives. However, unlike previous Xbox consoles that allowed you to play those games from the external USB drive, you won't be able to play games optimized for Series X|S consoles from USB drives. External storage requirements are that the capacity must be 128GB or more

I haven't found specific information on an upper limit for external storage drive size on the Xbox Series and then try again on the Xbox. If that doesn't work, I would recommend you contact Xbox support for further help

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Johnv28 Win User

is a SanDisk Cruzer Edge 16GB USB Flash Drive compatible with an xbox 360?

I just bought a Kingston 16gb 3.0 Datatraveler 100 g3, is this compatible ?

I got the restarting game "Problem with storage device" error

please help me!!!

My xbox 360 4gb.
Thema:

XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as...

1. XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as... - Similar Threads - Series allowing set

2. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  3. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  4. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  5. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this: My profile is not allowed to play on Xbox network Xbox series X how can I fix this 646b01e6-88df-437b-9ab2-e29ae5af7aba
  8. Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming: I have the xbox ultimate pass and can play the cloud based games no problem on pc, and other devices, however.... I keep getting "Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with...
  9. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  10. (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.: So today i was about to play something on my Xbox series s and when i selected a game it reset my Xbox and now says i have a wired connection when i don't and now whenever i try to start any game...