Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

Discus and support Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex Burke, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Alex Burke
    Alex Burke Guest

I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV.

Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing.

On the audio setting on Xbox, it doesn't let me go onto the speaker section. Only the Bluetooth.

Bit frustrating since I just bought it.

Any suggestions would be great.

TV is an LG smart TV

:)

Alex Burke, Apr 23, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Alex! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

Would you mind giving this a try?

- Go to Settings > General > TV & Display options > Video fidelity & overscan.
    - Under "Display", select "HDMI".
    - Restart your console and check if that makes a difference in the speaker audio section at Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

If that doesn't work, select "Audio Setup" and follow the instructions from the built-in audio setup tool.

Please let me know if that works, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Geri M. Win User

No sound from Series X through tv speakers

Hello Jezza819,

We really appreciate for your time and effort. It seems that we will proceed to our suggestion on our answer dated October 3, to file a bug with tracing which captures audio issues. Make the title of the bug same as this on Forum that you submitted.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread

Additional resources:

If the customer is having difficulties locating "Recreate my problem" you may snip a screenshot through the feedback hub, or copy and paste the following image into the thread. You may use this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Jezza819 Win User

Hello ,

We understand that you are still not able to check and try the suggested steps above on how to resolve the issue. To add on our inquiry, please provide us information by responding the question below.

• When did the issue started?
    • Is it happening to all games?
    • Try connecting it to other device.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Geri M.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
    I think it started roughly late August. Maybe right before Labor Day.

It happens on all digital games. But the one game I have on physical disc always has sound but once I quit out of that game and return to the dashboard, the sound is gone again.
  5. Jezza819 Win User

I have a Samsung Q80 QLED tv. No I have not connected it to another tv to try it.
  6. Jezza819 Win User

I haven't had a chance to try your suggestion yet since I don't get to play every night. Usually I can only play weekends. However Monday night I did turn the console on and it had sound but that's how inconsistent it is. The next time I might turn it on it might have sound until I quit the game then there will be no sound or there won't be any sound at all.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers - Similar Threads - series sound through

2. No Sound using Sonos Arc - Xbox Series X (6/13/24)

in XboX Insiders
    No Sound using Sonos Arc - Xbox Series X (6/13/24): I sent two reports using tracing to show no audio is working. Oddly even after updates and hard resets the sound works on Xbox splash and then goes silent immediately after. This began before and...
  3. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  4. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  5. My Xbox Series S is making a whirling sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is making a whirling sounds.: My Xbox Series S has always make coil whine sounds. However, it bothers me when there is that noise, plus a whirling noise when I play more graphically advanced games. Should I be concerned?...
  6. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  7. Xbox series x sound popping and crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x sound popping and crackling: I just bought my Series X less than a year ago. This audio issue has been there from the beginning. I have an audio tech background and it is not ANY of my peripherals. When I exit a game, the...
  8. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  9. Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all: When I turn on my xbox it doesn’t have any sound and when I try to set up the audio in the settings it does nothing 2137d7f7-bee7-4624-81c3-f3955382f5a2
  10. My Xbox series X won't play sound through the speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X won't play sound through the speakers: My xbox series X will play sound through the head set but not the TV speakers or the sound bar I have its been fine for years and all the sudden after playing BTD6 it stop work one night....