Xbox Series X Networking/Insider Update Failure (0x8B050084)

Discus and support Xbox Series X Networking/Insider Update Failure (0x8B050084) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Where do I begin? Lets start with error codes: (0x8B050084) (0x00000000) (0x00000201) Ive narrowed it down to a few things. Either the 9/5/24 Insider... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Az-August, Sep 19, 2024 at 1:12 PM.

1. /u/Az-August
    /u/Az-August Guest

Where do I begin? Lets start with error codes:
    (0x8B050084) (0x00000000) (0x00000201)

Ive narrowed it down to a few things.

Either the 9/5/24 Insider beta build failed to install properly, or my network controller is cooked.

9/6/24 I went to turn on my console, loaded dashboard but with no network connection. No Wifi signals detected at all (including neighbors that usually pop up). Network says wired connection even when nothing is connected to console.

Checked the updates section of system settings and it read as follows: [(0x8B050084) Update failed] was shown. Update date was 9/5/24.

Waited for USB to come in from amazon for offline system update.

Offline System Update installs correctly but console still does not connect online.
    After system reset, console attempts to update via internet, fails and throws 3 codes;
    (0x8B050084) (0x00000000) (0x00000201)

One thing I noticed is my console was in a preview ring. (I believe it was BETA test ring but I don't know for sure as I never actually intended to enroll this console and haven't checked since the Halo MCC flight tests)

Another detail I grabbed before resetting the console:
    My system info for the section "Xbox Live Network ID" said:
    (NOT AVAILABLE)

As it stands my console is effectively bricked as it wont update and cannot be brought past the initial setup post reset.

Some troubleshooting steps ive tried:

• Direct wired connection
    • System reset (Keep games and apps)
    • System reset (FULL PURGE)
    • Offline system update (Build dated for 9/4/24)
    • Removing console from all preview enrollments

I am at a loss, and with the recent (Pretty substantially large) influx of consoles having update issues I cant help but think this is a firmware issue and less so a hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue im thinking network controller as its the only thing that handles both wifi and wired connections.

I baby this console, it hasn't left its spot but once to move into the living room a year ago and once to a friends house a few months ago.

Console was purchased right as covid shutdowns were going into effect. So I am 2 years outside of warranty. My XB1X also had a hardware failure just outside of warranty (HDMI port failure). So having 2 of Microsoft's newest renditions of consoles cease to work is beyond frustrating and am debating of walking away from my 15+ year old library behind for PC.

I'm sure there's a clause in the insider that says if my console gets borked they aren't liable. But I also don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to send into MS for something that SHOULD be a minor or fixable issue.

EDIT:
    Its also worth mentioning that I have SCOURED the internet for details on this. Ive seen may reports of this issue dating back to 4+ years ago, but anyone who I was able to get in contact with had an issue was inside of warranty and had their consoles repaired for free with no details on what exactly was done to remedy the issue.

(This has been reposted from r/XboxSupport as I was recommended to do so if I got no response there)

submitted by /u/Az-August
    [link] [comments]

/u/Az-August, Sep 19, 2024 at 1:12 PM
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: