Xbox Series X May 12 update broke my audio

Discus and support Xbox Series X May 12 update broke my audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Did this update break the audio for anyone else? I've played with the different formats etc in settings, no sound at all. Worked fine yesterday.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by William Carey, May 12, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X May 12 update broke my audio

Did this update break the audio for anyone else? I've played with the different formats etc in settings, no sound at all. Worked fine yesterday.

:)

William Carey, May 12, 2023
  2. Ikkomaji22 Win User

Same thing just happened to me. I did a hard reset on console and a factory reset and nothing. I can only hear audio from my headset and nothing from my tv. No one asked for this update….. all it did was break my Xbox.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I checked the Xbox Support and according to them this is a known issue:

"Some players have reported intermittent audio issues across the dashboard or when launching games or apps."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  4. EddyT93 Win User

Same issue here. No audio from my tv at all unless I’m on headset mode. Newest update seems to be the cause since it was working just fine prior. Isn’t even showing all the audio options it should be either
  5. Bryan W1 Win User

Any updates to this? I have the exact same issue. Console auto updated over the weekend (I didn’t ask for a new UI - the old UI was fine) and now I have no audio through speakers - only headset.

I tried factory reset, power cycling, audio setup, etc and nothing fixed it.
  6. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X May 12 update broke my audio - Similar Threads - Series May update

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Xbox Series X May 2024 600MB update issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X May 2024 600MB update issue: So i was gaming recently on my series x and then a notification happened saying "Let's update! Console will restart before update is complete". So the console shuts down and I expect it to...