Xbox series x major bug/system failure with games

Discus and support Xbox series x major bug/system failure with games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive had this xbox series x for a while now , and everything was working fine. Now i cant load a game without it crashing or completely shutting down my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdonayMarin, Apr 26, 2021.

1. AdonayMarin
    AdonayMarin Guest

Ive had this xbox series x for a while now , and everything was working fine. Now i cant load a game without it crashing or completely shutting down my xbox. Ive tried all the options from power troubleshooting to factory reset( factory reset actually made matters worse ). Im reluctant to send my xbox to get it serviced since many claim they do nothing. If anyone has any clue whats going on ill appreciate it . I can only use streaming apps without crashing but i cant play at all.

:)

AdonayMarin, Apr 26, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @AdonayMarin! I hope that you are doing well!

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently facing game issues with your Xbox Series X. But don't worry, the following troubleshooting will fix the issue.

Step 1: Clear Mac address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Step 2: Close any running games:

To remove download constraints from games or apps being installed, you can either wait for the Xbox to suspend the running game, or you can force games to close by doing the following:

1. On the Home screen, navigate to your most recently run game.
    2. With the game highlighted, press the Menu button and select Quit.
    Step 3: Remove your account:

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm then re-add your account.

Step 4: Reset your console:

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

Step 5: Check your internet connection:

In case the issue still persists, please try connecting to a different network, or perhaps using a hotspot momentarily then try accessing a game and then connecting to your home network once more.

I also highly recommend checking the link below to troubleshoot the network connection speed:

Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support

Step 6: Repair order:

If the issue persists after trying all the previous troubleshooting steps, I advice you to place a replacement order for your console using the link below:

Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

If you are unable to place a repair order using that link, please contact our live support.

Contact us | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. HarleyTripleX Win User

Is Xbox One going to have problems like the RROD again or no?

The first issue will be game freezing followed by system failure notification then finally a complete system freeze up. All systems have bugs, and system bugs are as common as games disc.
  4. MrsNesbitt1 Win User

Series S keeps crashing

I have all the same systems and all have failed minus the OG Xbox and Series X but that's still under warranty so I'd give it a few months before it joins them. 360 had red ring, xbox one disc drive failure, one x power supply failure, and now my Series S. I'm not paying $200 for out of warranty repair as Microsoft products have grown kind of stale. Time to try something different but thanks for your help.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 upgrade question

gpu's have dropped massively in price and now are available at msrp, and the news that nvidia maybe dropping prices even lower soon is even better, i like my gpu as it trounces series x by miles and most pc hardware is dropping in price too and is readily available.

just bad luck you got a bad card, but series x consoles have also been dropping like flies lately due to (typical) hdmi retimer chips, ports and usb failures along with general apu failure, psu failure and overheating along with storage issues.

gotta compare prices

series x (aging now too)

console + extra storage + sub + fairly expensive prices for games = quite the price in the end for a system that is not upgradeable and not multifunctional and is rapidly aging.
  6. Xenokai Win User

System Failure or Just a Bug?

Hope your right, walmart only has a 15 day return policy on games from what ive read.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x major bug/system failure with games - Similar Threads - series major bug

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...