Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now

Discus and support Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was playing on my Xbox Series X when I heard and saw visually a loud spark come from the console. It immediately shut off and won't turn on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pudrut, Apr 24, 2021.

1. pudrut
    pudrut Guest

Hello, I was playing on my Xbox Series X when I heard and saw visually a loud spark come from the console. It immediately shut off and won't turn on again. There is a burning electrical smell coming from the inside now. I tried contacting through the website, but it seems to force me to post here. Who do I get into contact about this? Seems nearly impossible to contact support. Thank you.

:)

pudrut, Apr 24, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Hello @pudrut, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link below:

My Xbox console won't turn on | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
  3. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Series X burning smell

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello bigspankwa, in this case the ideal would be to send your console for the Microsoft warranty, however try to verify that there is something wrong with the electrical outlet that was connected to the Xbox so that it does not affect other equipment.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

You access the site above and register a new device using the serial number. you find behind your console.

Then in MORE DETAILS, look to request repair, Start Online Service.

To mail it to Microsoft.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Xbox series x plastic burning smell

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

I think the best thing is to send your console in for repair, mate. This link contains instructions on how to do this and more information.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  5. spiffierocean31 Win User

Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on

MY xbox power supply shows a green light when it is plugged in the wall only (not in the console yet) when plugged in the console too it shows a green light again but here the Xbox doesn't turn on. It's fan only powers on and runs really loud (burning smell
    too). the Xbox doesn't respond. I heard when the Power brick is plugged in the wall only it needs to have an orange light not green.when plugged in the Xbox too then it goes green.

could this be caused by the power supply?
    Sounds like a power supply issue

are you sure or is it a CPU issue what of the burning smell from the console when power supply is connected?
  6. LucaAvvinti Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - loud spark and then burn smell; won't turn on now - Similar Threads - Series loud spark

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  4. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  5. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  6. Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise?: Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise? bee5b8d0-fb5c-47b2-8210-0af05c82be6f
  7. My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?: My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal? f4ef2915-b81c-490e-911b-71055e7905d6
  8. My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.: When I play games my Xbox is loud. d6630be2-0169-4ae7-9583-5b21f938d13f
  9. Xbox series X fan is loud when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X fan is loud when off: So I decided to download a game, but during the process I turned the Xbox off (energy-saving mode), is normal for the fan to keep spinning quite loudly (approximately 40db) in this state? The...
  10. Is my xbox series s supposed to be this loud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox series s supposed to be this loud?: Hi, is it normal for the xbox series s to be kinda loud while playing more intensive games? I can even hear the fan sound with my xbox headset on. The fan usually gets louder when playing next gen...