xbox series x loss of audio

Discus and support xbox series x loss of audio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After shutting down the series x and it goes into instant on mode, black ops cold war loses its audio. I have to kill the game and restart to get audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TRIX R 4 TR3Y, Jan 6, 2021.

1. xbox series x loss of audio

After shutting down the series x and it goes into instant on mode, black ops cold war loses its audio. I have to kill the game and restart to get audio back.

:)

TRIX R 4 TR3Y, Jan 6, 2021
  2. CPT RAVE Win User

XBOX Series X Audio intermittent with A/V receiver

Update, I disabled eARC and HDMI ON to OFF on the Denon receiver. And on the TV, I also disabled eARC. On the Xbox series X I disabled CEC and ever since then I haven't had an issue with the audio. I did notice when I enabled CEC on the Xbox, and choosing Dolby Atmos I lost audio intermittently, so I just left CEC off. Unfortunately I have to use 3 controllers to turn everything on now. Now I can choose different audio formats with no audio loss.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

The Series X supports 1080P resolution in the settings same as Xbox One and One X. Games on Series X will still render in 4K, but will downscale to whatever display you have. There won't be any loss in quality at all.
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. CPT RAVE Win User

XBOX Series X Audio intermittent with A/V receiver

Hi Geri,

Yes, I have tried using eARC to loop the audio signal back into the receiver. And I still get the same result,

I would eventually lose audio. I do use HDMI 2.1 cable (2M).

To Recap v2:

Older Samsung TV and older Marantz SR7012 A/V receiver, new 8K HDMI Cables-Result-AUDIO LOSS

NEW LG OLED C2 TV and new Denon x4700H A/V receiver, newer 8K HDMI Cables-Result-AUDIO LOSS

eARC on both TV sets have been attempted and still have the same audio issues. HDMI 2.1 8K cables used

XBOX Series X multiple times Factory reset but kept games and apps.
  6. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
Thema:

xbox series x loss of audio

1. xbox series x loss of audio - Similar Threads - series loss audio

2. Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x: Iv tried everything I know, broadband line test, wired, wireless, tethered to my phone, factory reset the xbox, rest the router, no matter what I do its still 100% packet loss, any ideas....
  3. Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S: When trying to play Madden 24, The Show 23, and similar games using Ultimate Game Pass, I get a connection loss notification and the image on the screen is scrambled. I’ve gone through all the...
  4. How to fix texture loss problem Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix texture loss problem Xbox series s: I have been experiencing really bad texture loss on my Xbox series s recently and it gets very annoying especially in cutscenes when textures go really blurry until a few seconds later they go...
  5. Xbox series x 100% packet loss.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x 100% packet loss.: I'm suddenly getting 100% packet loss when I run a network speed and statistics test on my series x. I have switched from wired to wireless and it still says 100%. This started yesterday morning...
  6. high 100% package loss xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    high 100% package loss xbox series x: Hi, since a week or two i have a high package loss. modem type zyxel ( chinese ****). provider odido ( t-mobile ****) dowload speed 1000 Mbps upload speed 882 Mbps packageloss 100% MTU 1480...
  7. Xbox Series X 100% Packet data loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 100% Packet data loss: Issue started last night.... doing a speed test... Download 956 Upload 183 Packet loss 100% Test again immediately Download 872 Upload 250 Packet loss 0% Worked with my Isp for hours......
  8. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  9. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  10. Why am I getting such bad packet loss on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting such bad packet loss on Xbox Series X?: I’ve been getting really bad packet loss since around march and it’s only on my Xbox. My PC is fine, and so is every other device in my house. Just my Xbox that has this problem. I’ve tried using...