Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

Discus and support Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series X will be working fine for few hours, then out of nowhere it will disconnect me from my current WiFi. When I try to connect to it again... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coke_Zer0, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Coke_Zer0
    Coke_Zer0 Guest

My Xbox series X will be working fine for few hours, then out of nowhere it will disconnect me from my current WiFi. When I try to connect to it again it asks for a MAC address, which I know how to get, but that only provides a temporary solution until it starts happening again 30-40 minutes later. Leaving it turned off for a while seems to fix it as well, but again for only a short period of time. I've done multiple online chats, but none have given me a solution that works longer than the day until it starts again. I've tried unplugging my router, and again only works for a short time. This has been going on over a week now.

:)

Coke_Zer0, Nov 23, 2023
  2. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Check the forum or just google "XBOX Series X disconnects from wifi". Tons of threads here and on reddit since the launch.

An example.
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

Series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Coke_Zer0, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing WiFi disconnection issues with your Xbox Series X.

Restart your router and Xbox Series X. Try turning off and disconnecting your router and Xbox Series X from power for a few minutes. Then, turn both devices back on and check if the issue still occurs. This can help reestablish the connection and fix temporary problems.

Update your router's firmware. Check to see if firmware updates are available for your router. Visit your router manufacturer's website and look for the support or downloads section to find the latest firmware updates. Updating the firmware can fix compatibility issues and improve the performance of your router.

Set up a static IP address Instead of using a MAC address every time you go offline, try setting up a static IP address on your Xbox Series X. This can help maintain a more stable connection. To do so, follow these steps:

On your Xbox Series X, go to Settings > Red > Red Settings.
    Select your current WiFi network and choose "Advanced settings."
    Choose "IP Address" and select "Manual."
    Enter a valid IP address, subnet mask, and gateway for your network. You can get this information from your router or Internet service provider.
    Save the settings and restart your Xbox Series X.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

Hi Colby. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

To assist you effectively, can you let me know what steps you've tried so far? Please be specific. This will help hopefully reach a solution quicker.

For instance have you tried a wired connection instead? WiFi can be susceptible to interference and loss of signal, a wired connection is recommended for the best performance and stability. If you're able to test a wired connection, this may help identify if the issue if WiFi signal related. If that is the case, from there we can take the best steps to try improve the WiFi signal.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. Colby Stoddard Win User

Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

Hi Kyle,

I have not tried wired as it is not possible as I am in an apartment. However, my connection is strong. The only time I run into issues is when I explicitly go into an online version of a game. At times, I will be playing single-player only game and will be logged out of Xbox live.

Additionally, I do also play on PC and do not have connection issues, therefore I am led to believe it is an issue with the Xbox or Xbox servers.

I have done some research and have seen others with the same issue, but no resolution.

The steps I have taken are hard resetting my Xbox, resetting my router, forgetting and reconnecting to my wifi, and resetting my network on my Xbox, all of which I have been told to do.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi - Similar Threads - series keeps disconnecting

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  4. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  5. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  6. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  7. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  8. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  9. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  10. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332