Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

Discus and support Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been experiencing crashes with my series X ever since bungie released the lightfall expansion for destiny 2. I've tried cleaning the cache and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by William Oseen, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

I've been experiencing crashes with my series X ever since bungie released the lightfall expansion for destiny 2. I've tried cleaning the cache and that didn't help, I've even tried to update my router to the current hardware version and I'm still getting crashes while playing destiny 2. I've played other games like "dead by daylight, star trek online, diablo 4, elden ring, the division 2 and a few of the halo games" and I've never had a game crash on me while playing them. I'm not sure what else to try and any help or advice would be appreciated. I did get my series X about 2 years ago so I know it's no longer valid under the one year warranty. Thanks.

:)

William Oseen, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi William Oseen,

Thank you for the response and sorry to hear that issue persists even after those steps. Please let us know how it went with Bungie support. We'll leave this post open for now and looking forward to your updates on this.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi William Oseen,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes with your Xbox Series X while playing Destiny 2 after the Lightfall update.

Firstly, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Destiny 2? This can sometimes help with game crashes. You can do this by going to "My games & apps" on your Xbox dashboard, selecting Destiny 2, pressing the "Menu" button on your controller, and then selecting "Uninstall". Once it's uninstalled, you can reinstall it from the Microsoft Store or from your game disc.

Here are some other steps also that you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is updated to the latest system software. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads.

2. Make sure your Destiny 2 game is updated to the latest version. You can check for updates by going to My games & apps > Manage > Updates.

3. Clear your local saved games. This will not delete any of your progress or data stored in the cloud. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games.

4. Power cycle your console. This will clear the cache and reset the system. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, then unplug the power cord and wait for another 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn on the console.

If in case that issue would still persist after those steps, I recommend reaching out also to Bungie support to check on this considering that other game works fine on your Xbox Series X. See: Contact Us | Bungie.net

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  4. Nulled Pixel Win User

I also experience frequent crashes in destiny 2 since light falls release on my Xbox series x. The only other game that constantly crashes is starfield. No other game crashes, example: dead by daylight, Diablo 4 or cyberpunk. Seems to be a hardware issue that Microsoft refuses to officially acknowledge.
  5. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi William Oseen,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  6. Yllya Wilson Win User

Why are they ignoring this?
Thema:

1. Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2. - Similar Threads - series keeps crashing

2. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  4. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  5. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?: I have had my series X since April 2023 and over the last few months I have had games crash on me, when playing call of duty this is the screen I get when it crashes. I was running in 1440p 120hz...
  6. Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.: I tried everything ! I have the Game ultimate pass and I’m using it. I called Microsoft and they said they will come back and they didn’t !! They were unable to resolve it !! Any suggestion ? I...
  7. Why is my Xbox series s keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series s keep crashing: I been having crashing problems with my Xbox series s ever since I got it for my birthday in august rebooting your console doesn’t help with the crashing neither restarting your games and apps...
  8. Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard: I have an Xbox series s digital edition, I can't play any games without them freezing or getting kicked to dashboard within 5 minutes on a game. I've contacted Xbox support, they were no help....
  9. My Xbox series S keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series S keeps crashing: I’ve recently started playing fortnite again and in about 2 weeks I’ve crashed over 15 times, sometimes in the lobby and it’s really annoying because it doesn’t crash nearly as often on any other...
  10. Xbox series X keeps crashing after new COD MW3 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps crashing after new COD MW3 update: Anyone else having their series X keep crashing after the newest update? I’ve uninstalled, re-installed, cleared the cache, downloaded the latest updates and even downgraded the graphics on the...