Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

Discus and support Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Automatic-Ad-5868, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a .
    I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working fine now all of a sudden I cannot stop the tv screen from flicking on and off. I have seen all kinds of answers and they are advising a Toslink cable. My question is A Why is it no longer working ? And B why does Xbox support suggest a Toslink as opposed to a Hdmi from the amp to the . Any help would be greatly appreciated .

submitted by /u/Automatic-Ad-5868
    [link] [comments]

/u/Automatic-Ad-5868, Jan 27, 2024
  2. BulletClubKO Win User

4K HDR help

no it wont. it says "this didnt work" and shows the list of stuff with Dolby having the red x.

my 4k tv has an arc hdmi and other hdmi port. that doesnt matter does it?

as my ps4 pro is in the arc port.
  3. RHR cats Win User

Xbox help

Why is my Xbox series x screen so small when I turn it on it just started doing this a few days ago. Please help it’s not the tv because everything else I use it for is normal. Update I just unplugged my hdmi and plugged back in and that fixed it. It’s in the arc hdmi input but why did the issue happen to begin with?
    hello 👋 fellow gamer HDMI ARC has a higher 👆 bandwidth for higher bit rate and data transfers as well as some other features that default HDMI port's don't have, I've had similar things happen before especially when using DVI to HDMI adapters on HDMI ARC
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  5. Chainsaw Monday Win User

Certain games on my Xbox series x launch with no sound

I also have the same setup. Xbox Series X conneted to Samsung TV via HDMI. Samsung TV connected to a Klipsch sound bar via HDMI ARC. Experiencing the same issue described by many others.
  6. shagfragn81 Win User

4k video not passing through Vizio soundbar

Thanks for your reply. I understand the PS4 does not support 4k, but my Fire TV cube does. I plug my Fire TV into the HDMI in on the soundbar, and it plays in 4k and the soundbar recognizes Atmos. My tv is a Sony Bravia about 3 years old, so it does not have HDMI 2.1. I searched my owners manual, the settings on the tv, and the internet and could not find anywhere what version of HDMI my tv supports. I assume it is 2.0.

I am using the HDMI cable that came with the soundbar, no way to tell which version it is.

What I don't understand is why would my Fire TV pass through the soundbar correctly and provide Atmos sound? And also, why did my Series X work for a short time, and now won't? I was able to watch several UHD Blu-ray discs on the series x and was able to get Atmos. Then a few days ago, the XBox will not pass through the soundbar. I had to plug it back into the tv directly where I cannot get Atmos sound.

Another confusing thing is I plugged the soundbar into a different HDMI input on my tv, not the HDMI arc port (I don't have eARC, just ARC) and the XBox was able to pass through the soundbar correctly. However, this messed up my cable box sound since the soundbar was no longer connected via ARC. I used a digital optical cable for the cable box but had sound sync issues. Could it be some conflict with the HDMI arc input on my tv and the XBox? If that was the case, why did it work for a short time?
Thema:

Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

1. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working. - Similar Threads - series issue HDMI

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  4. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  5. Xbox series X issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X issues: Trying to see if anyone else has same issues. For a few months, when i try to join or start a party on the console, it will always lag on creating one. When trying to join one, im always...
  6. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues: The April update introduced an issue that causes captures to an external drive to stop working. I have to set captures to internal and restart the Xbox. Occasionally, that doesn't work and I also...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  9. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  10. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...